Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Forgive me if I missed navigation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was browsing the web and came across a couple of posting regarding setting navigation prefernces regarding routes. I wasn't aware of this. How do I set the preference. I usually avoid toll roads to pay for my Tesla (in Orlando, it is substantial)!

I was browsing the web and came across a couple of posting regarding setting navigation prefernces regarding routes. I wasn't aware of this. How do I set the preference. I usually avoid toll roads to pay for my Tesla (in Orlando, it is substantial)!
What are these posts you came across? There is no way to choose to avoid toll roads or any other navigation preferences.

There is no ability to select an alternate route using Tesla's navigation. You are presented with a single route and that's it. With 6.0 Tesla added traffic-aware routing, but you still can't select basic options available on vehicular navigations systems that are 10 years old. Tesla should be embarrassed, honestly.

There is no ability to select an alternate route using Tesla's navigation. You are presented with a single route and that's it. With 6.0 Tesla added traffic-aware routing, but you still can't select basic options available on vehicular navigations systems that are 10 years old. Tesla should be embarrassed, honestly.
Sadly, I tend to agree.

Some examples of settings I want:
- avoid water-based transport (ferries)
- prefer local roads
- prefer highways/freeways
- avoid bridges
- avoid toll routes
- prefer toll routes that support "XYZ pass"
- minimize left turns
- minimize stop lights
- minimize use of 1 and 2 lane roads
- minimize use of roads with speed limits that change every 5 minutes (roads that go through small towns or neighborhoods)
- "I have a passenger today, HOV!"

I hate the turn-by-turn directions as well. I wish they would just use Google's. It always takes me on silly neighborhood side streets with roundabouts in Seattle. In fact, because of this, I was taking Greenwood Ave N instead of Aurora for 6 blocks and ended up getting hit by a car (his fault, but still a hassle!). All because I wanted to "try out" what my cars navigation was telling me to do.

Yesterday navigation was directing me to take the 73 toll road in Orange County, luckily my wife had Waze running for police & objects on road alerts but since Waze has an option to avoid toll roads it was keeping us on the 5, since I don't have Fastrack had I taken the toll road I might have saved 6 minutes but today I would have waisted that much time paying the $7.35 online to avoid a ticket The Toll Roads - One-Time-Toll

Can we get basic navigation options?

today I would have waisted that much time paying the $7.35 online to avoid a ticket The Toll Roads - One-Time-Toll

Lump, if you're in SoCal, I recommend getting a Fastrak account with 91 Express Lanes as they give Electric Cars their special access plan (no monthly fees, as well as a transponder that works free on 91express lanes. Also if you get the switchable one, you can travel on I-110 Express Lanes at no cost (3pax switch on the transponder).

http://www.91expresslanes.com/