Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

charging etiquette

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shout out to Tesla owners: due to limited super charge stations in HK (or any charging station for that matter), let's develop a "charging etiquette". Pls remove your car from the space after you complete the charge for others to use. I will also leave a note at the dashboard with my contact details so the next user can reach me if in need. Since we can easily track the charging amount on our smartphone from a distant, it's very easy to maintain this basic etiquette... an etiquette that can benefit us all!

Shout out to Tesla owners: due to limited super charge stations in HK (or any charging station for that matter), let's develop a "charging etiquette". Pls remove your car from the space after you complete the charge for others to use. I will also leave a note at the dashboard with my contact details so the next user can reach me if in need. Since we can easily track the charging amount on our smartphone from a distant, it's very easy to maintain this basic etiquette... an etiquette that can benefit us all!

Support!

Thx for the supports. I believe most people are aware charging spots (especially those with super or quick chargers) are functionally a lot more than just parking. The central idea is to promote a change on our habit from ICE - get back to the carpark despite we haven't finished shopping for instance. In terms of communication issues, I am sure there must be a better way and pls do voice out if you have any idera. For the time being, I would leave my number or social apps indendification (Line / WeChat) at the dashboard.

Was a little disappointed when I saw the 4 very same MS remained on the supercharging spots in Hopewell long after charging completed...

Thx for the supports. I believe most people are aware charging spots (especially those with super or quick chargers) are functionally a lot more than just parking. The central idea is to promote a change on our habit from ICE - get back to the carpark despite we haven't finished shopping for instance. In terms of communication issues, I am sure there must be a better way and pls do voice out if you have any idera. For the time being, I would leave my number or social apps indendification (Line / WeChat) at the dashboard.

Was a little disappointed when I saw the 4 very same MS remained on the supercharging spots in Hopewell long after charging completed...

It would be nice and make everyone happy if everyone can relocate their fully charged MS to other spots in the carpark. =)

I totally support this idea. But I think if we can get Tesla involved, it'd be much better. For example, Tesla could add a new feature to the map to show which supercharging station is occupied. Btw, Tesla just updated their Supercharger map, by the year 2015, there will be many more superchargers in Hong Kong.

i am trying to get in touch with Tim Flack and see if he can also provide an android version of the Supercharger QR app. stay tune.

I managed to get a hold of Tim Flack (the owner of the SuperchargerQR app) and he mentioned a version for Android is on his "to do" list as well...so hopefully, we will see that available in the play store soon....(keeping my fingers crossed)

Before we have the proper Android version, maybe we can use naver LINE. You don't need to give your phone number, just print your QR code out and leave it behind the windshield for the next SC user to add you using the LINE QR Code scanner that comes with it, then the car owner can be notified easily. The best thing is, you don't even need to add that person as friend to receive the notification! If it is a prankster, just block him with the Block button.

8d26c6e6b86f18adaaf2aa9a1e95c9db_view.jpg
line007.jpg

Not sure I should put it under this thread and my apology if I should do it somewhere else. Just to share and please do take action when you face similar situation -

Date: 2 Oct 2014
Time: 13:52 - 14:50
Place: Kai Tak car park
Action taken: called Mr. Chan of the Kai Tak car park management (6902 1232)
Result: Initially in vain but Mr Chan agreed to monitor the situation more closely. He also suggested me to park on the left side of that BMW and use the super charge.

Attachments

• Kai Tak 2 Oct 2014.jpg
    Kai Tak 2 Oct 2014.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 469
Not sure I should put it under this thread and my apology if I should do it somewhere else. Just to share and please do take action when you face similar situation -

Date: 2 Oct 2014
Time: 13:52 - 14:50
Place: Kai Tak car park
Action taken: called Mr. Chan of the Kai Tak car park management (6902 1232)
Result: Initially in vain but Mr Chan agreed to monitor the situation more closely. He also suggested me to park on the left side of that BMW and use the super charge.

4 x ICE Kai Tak supercharger.JPG

This was ... I think October 1st or 2nd (so public holiday). Waited 15 minutes in line, just to get INSIDE Kai Tak car park and then I couldn't even charge initially. See also SuperCharger Issues

Had my first (pleasant) experience on a public charger today (IFC, EV Power wall box).
After charging complete, you will receive a SMS notifying you about the completion. Great feature. No reason to occupy charger much longer than necessary.