Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vacaville to Harris Ranch?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've done Napa to Harris Ranch several times, which I believe is a bit farther. Just stay at <=70mph. I typically had about 30-40 rated miles when I arrived. Just remember, Speed Kills!:smile:

If you are concerned, and it's not a bad idea to start conservatively, just drop over into the right lane with the trucks. In CA, I believe they have a 55 mph limit. If you go with their flow (60-65), you don't even have to draft to get significant range boosts. If I remember correctly, there are no long climbs or descents on that route, and the 30-mile-average, projected range number will be a pretty good guideline. Leave yourself some buffer, and you should be fine.

Drove Sonoma (Fairmont) to Harris Ranch on full charge. Disparity between Rated Range and GPS dropped from about 50-60 miles down to 4/5... Drove fairly quickly majority of the way. But with 40 miles left, disparity between rated range/GPS was only about 15 miles. Last 30 minutes/30 miles of the trip were driven behind a truck/SUV at 60-65 mph.

I drive an S85.

Last edited: