Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WOW!!! Quick time from order to pick up at plant

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a second Model S on August 28, picking up on September 25. Less than 30 days. Wonder if someone dropped out with the same specs on their car. Or maybe they are pushing again for end of qtr sales closings?

Strange. Im picking up P85+ on the 26th at the factory and receiving #4 pP85 delivered to Van Nuys on the 29th, Ordered July 4.

I am buying my 8th Model S, can't have enough. Ordered 3 yesterday, all of them being personally delivered gift wrapped to my front door at 11:30am on 9/27 in the morning via Bob Sagat (at my request, Tesla goes above and beyond for repeat customers.)

I think what is happening is that US deliveries are being pushed through at the expense of overseas buyers simply to get quarter deliveries up. While you wait a month for delivery, people like me, who ordered in february, have been pushed back 2 months to November. Some are still waiting after almost 2 years. It makes them look look when they report results and bad to many customers.

I think what is happening is that US deliveries are being pushed through at the expense of overseas buyers simply to get quarter deliveries up. While you wait a month for delivery, people like me, who ordered in february, have been pushed back 2 months to November. Some are still waiting after almost 2 years. It makes them look look when they report results and bad to many customers.

I think all we can do is speculate. I confirmed a P85+ on 8/7, I live in San Francisco and am taking delivery in Fremont. Delivery date is in late nov.

When I visited the factory they explained the serendipity of delivery dates, to the 6-picking up cars. We all had ordered at different times, I was in the middle of the pack. "Delays" were due to:
1. Just in time component ordering- thus no deep parts inventory-if supplier runs late or typhoon slows the boat...,
2. Customer preference not predictable,
3. Production line/painting batched, they build in groups (you might have chosen a combo that's less popular so have to wait for a bunch of 60kW white plain roof cars to be built),
4. Change up of production line (in my case to design/install an upgraded attachment point for the rear seat, which took the factory offline till they could work out the weld points and reprogram the robots),
5. End July/early Aug they reconfigured the assembly line to increase Mod S output and to build Mod X. This would obviously put a wrench into your delivery plans...and more for sure.

I would not put it past them to tween deliveries to make their numbers look better but I'm certain it's more complicated than that. The logistics of a start up auto manufacturer are undoubtedly complicated and would make me an insomniac!

Be patient and you'll be rewarded with a fantastic ride. I've enjoined over 25,000 joyous miles along with an excellent service center experience. I fact just left after clipping the wheel valve stem on a curb. Unannounced they had me in/out in an hour with smiles all around.

Consider that even in the best of relationships there will be bumps, but you'll never need ⛽️ Again!