Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 National Drive Electric Week Events - Massachusetts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, all! For the sake of completion, I thought we should have a thread for the NDEW events in Massachusetts. Here's what's currently (heh) listed online:

Wellesley - Thursday, September 18, 2014, 1:30pm - ?
(No Model S registered as of 9/12 noon)

Plymouth - Saturday, September 20, 2014 1:00pm - 5:00pm

Vineyard Haven - Saturday, September 20, 2014, 9:00am - 12:30pm
(no Model S registered as of 9/12 noon)

Worcester - Saturday, September 20, 2014 12:00 - 3:00pm

Boston - Sunday Sept. 21 9:00am - 2:00pm
(Free to attend, but $150.00 cost to show your car - it's part of a Boston Parks and Rec fundraiser)

I seem to be peripherally involved in the Wellesley event, so feel free to PM me if you'd like more details.

Hi, all! For the sake of completion, I thought we should have a thread for the NDEW events in Massachusetts. Here's what's currently (heh) listed online:

(Free to attend, but $150.00 cost to show your car - it's part of a Boston Parks and Rec fundraiser)

I seem to be peripherally involved in the Wellesley event, so feel free to PM me if you'd like more details.

Got to get @Pollux on the Wellesley event...

Thanks, cfava. As far as I know, the only event with a fee is the Boston event.

I was put off by the fee at first, but it's part of the Boston Cup, an established car event. They decided to incorporate NDEW into their event and add electric cars to the mix. It wouldn't seem fair to have an established fundraiser and then say "oh, except the electric cars are free." Or at least, I can understand why they didn't. You do get VIP event tix and lunch out of the deal. It may be an added plus that the event will be attended by a lot of car enthusiasts who might not otherwise think about electric car options.

Also, a Model S has registered for the Wellesley event. Yay!

There will be an i8 in Worcester, too. Say what you will about the car (there's a thread for that) I'm looking forward to drooling over one in person.

It looks like *only* the Boston location charges a fee to 'register to attend'

Hmmmm, I had registered to bring my Model S to Worcester, but my delivery got delayed to the 19th, so I'm not sure how wise it'll be to bring my new car to a public event on my first full day of ownership. Plus with two other Model S there (and a Roadster!) it won't really make a difference. On the other hand it is a good excuse for a drive. We'll see....

Hmmmm, I had registered to bring my Model S to Worcester, but my delivery got delayed to the 19th, so I'm not sure how wise it'll be to bring my new car to a public event on my first full day of ownership. Plus with two other Model S there (and a Roadster!) it won't really make a difference. On the other hand it is a good excuse for a drive. We'll see....

I can't say I'd blame you if you decided to celebrate NDEW by taking your new Model S on a road trip. If you're looking for excuses, I hear there are great apple orchards in VT, or you could check out the Superchargers in CT...

I just wanted to give a shout out to the folks who brought their cars to the Worcester event yesterday. There were two beautiful roadsters and a couple of S60's and S85's (including Karmamule's brand new shiny Model S)! Thank you for sharing your cars and your knowledge. I spoke with a wide range of people - college students, older couples, tech savvy and not so much, EV owners and fans, and people who clearly new to EVs and curious about the cars. I was happy to meet and speak with a few of the Tesla owners - sorry I didn't get a chance to say "hi" all around. I'm also completely amazed about how fingerprints accumulate, so I have even more respect for those who are willing to be so generous with their cars. Now I know why the showroom folks always have a microfiber cloth in hand.

It was great to see you there ajay, and hear about your smart car too. I was leery about taking my car to such a public event literally the day after delivery but am very glad I did. A nice relaxing but fun day chatting about EVs and plug-in hybrids and chargers and all the rest. I wish I had been a little more diligent about meeting and/or chatting longer with the other local Model S owners, but here's hoping other opportunities arrive in the future!