Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone 6 too wide?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
images.jpeg

I have an iPhone 6 on order. I'm wondering if it will be big enough that you can prop it up sideways in the silver "shelf" area (what do you guys call that area anyway? :) and it will just stay there if it is in a case that has a grippy surface like textured rubber or plastic?

The ProClip website does not yet show iPhone 6 cases. There are several for sale at Amazon already. I have a ProClip mount in my Porsche Cayman for my iPhone 5.

and I am looking for iPhone 6 ideas for a 2.0 or 2.5 roadster

What I use is here:

Parrot Asteroid SMART 2DIN Head Unit - Page 3

View attachment 21402

I temporarily adhesive-velcroed a ProClip mount to the top right of the dashboard (right hand drive car). A year later, the temporary fix is still there and still solid. If it aint broke, don't fix it, but perhaps one day I'l get around to 3D printing a proper mount.

When I get my iPhone 6 plus, I'll just change the mount to a proclip one for that model. Pre-orders at ProClip start today (18th).

Thanks, that looks like a nice setup Bill has in his Roadster. But I think his ProClip mount is attached to the car using some kind of custom metal bracket. I cannot find anything on the ProClip website that looks like that bracket.

So the challenge appears to be how to attach the phone mount piece to the car.

Bill Arnett has a proclip (Car Phone Holder, Cell Phone Holder, Car Phone Mounts*-*ProClip USA) for his phone, I'm sure that they'll make one for iphone 6 soon.

View attachment 59325

Thanks, that looks like a nice setup Bill has in his Roadster. But I think his ProClip mount is attached to the car using some kind of custom metal bracket. I cannot find anything on the ProClip website that looks like that bracket.

I designed the aluminum bracket that holds the Proclip mount in Bill's car. See this post I just added in another thread: Cupholder and iPhone Mount for Roadster