Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for someone to inspect Roadster for sale in Sarasota Florida

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

Not sure if this the right place to post this, but I am looking for someone to inspect a 1.5 Roadster for sale in Sarasota Florida. I am in California. The car is at a BMW dealership. Here is the web page about it

BMW of Sarasota | New BMW dealership in Sarasota, FL 34233

The dealership doesn't really know anything about the car, which is not a surprise. I'm hoping a Roadster owner can take a look and test drive it to make sure it's in good condition, no major cosmetic defects, everything works properly, and ideally can download the log file and email it to me. Love the "Very Orange" paint color! Wish it had a hardtop and a 240V charge cable, but it doesn't seem to have those options.

I'm serious about getting a Roadster, driving a Model S has made me a Tesla EV convert.

You can contact me at [email protected] or 650-346-6342

Thanks!

Last edited:
Wow, the Roadster community is amazing! Nigel has kindly agreed to look at the car for me. djp, thanks for your comments. I have an HPWC and a NEMA 14-50 in my garage. So I'm thinking I could use the UMC that came with my Model S plugged in to my 14-50 with hcsharp's new UMC to Roadster adaptor once he gets the kinks worked out, which I'm sure he will.

I'm hoping a Roadster owner can take a look and test drive it to make sure it's in good condition, no major cosmetic defects, everything works properly, and ideally can download the log file and email it to me. Love the "Very Orange" paint color!
Anyone can download the log file to a run-of-the-mill memory stick, but I guess that's too technical for the BMW dealer...

ecarfan - I found my Roadster at a Lexus dealership (about a year and a half ago). They similarly didn't really know anything about the car. I was able to explain how to get it plugged into a 110 outlet, and more or less keep it that way when they weren't test driving it (or selling it to me!).

Something I would suggest doing - whether you end up with the car or not, talk to whoever you've been talking to there, and get them to plug the car into a 110 outlet at the very least. It'd be all kinds of awful if the car suffered a malady from the simple problem of never being plugged in and in the hands of people that know that they don't really know how to take care of it.

Or I'm sure Nigel will talk to them about that when he's there visiting, and can help make that happen :)

Edit: And OMG Very Orange - that's such a beautiful color.

I purchased my first Roadster from a Mercedes Benz Dealership and it was a great experience for me. They took care of the financing and shipping. Also I had them add some Venture Shield to the car! They emailed me the original Tesla invoice for the car and I, on my own, contacted the original owner who told me all about the car. All in all it worked out well so good luck!

Saw the car today and gave some info to ecarfan already. Fortunately the BMW dealer had treated it well, had it serviced by Tesla etc. and have been charging it on one of the L2 Chargepoint chargers they have on their premises (they have three in total). I'll do a test drive tomorrow and download the logs, then it's back to ecarfan for him to negotiate with the dealer.