Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Knight Rider LED?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been adding extra LEDs in the Frunk and the trunk for extra lighting. I also added floor lights (LEDs) front and rear.

I've been toying with the idea of installing a Knight Rider LED kit into the front grill. Has anybody done this yet?

thanks!

Howard near Memphis

• Funny
Reactions: Ketchups
No. NO. NOOOOOO!!!!! Also, illegal in most jurisdictions.

I never thought about that. Why would it be illegal. Some car companies had something similar in their rear directional blinkers.

Thanks for the reply, NoMoGas!

- - - Updated - - -

lol I had the same project idea. Go ahead and be the guinea pig and let me know how it goes! haha

So yobigd20... how far did you get with your project?

I never thought about that. Why would it be illegal. Some car companies had something similar in their rear directional blinkers.

Thanks for the reply, NoMoGas!

- - - Updated - - -

So yobigd20... how far did you get with your project?

In most jurisdictions it is illegal to have red lights, or moving, alternating or oscillating lights of any kind facing forward. This includes when parked on a public street. Just equipping the vehicle to do it is illegal, a traffic ticket but still illegal (unless you get a hard ass cop who wants to impound it).

How do I know? Well I actually owned an old KR car and restored it... CHP kept it on the side of the road while they wrote $1500.00 in tickets. And the light wasn't even on.
Red lights facing rear is ok.

• Informative
Reactions: benjiejr and mrElbe
I think the green lights on the accelerator pedal would be a great addition to the car.

Have you tapped into the ambient lighting circuit at all? I'm trying to locate it still to put a light in for the center console.