Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fast Chargers in Vancouver?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know of any fast chargers in the Vancouver area (specifically Richmond, Vancouver, West and North Vancouver, and Burnaby)? A dig through Plugshare comes up with a lot of 6 or 7 kW chargers, but only a very few 10+ kW chargers.

The ones I've heard of are:

• Tesla Motors Service Centre
  • Loden Hotel - appears to be guests only (hotel or restaurant)
  • Shangri La - appears to be guests only
  • Jordan Interior (is this 80A?)

I will often arrive in the Vancouver area with an essentially empty battery, and I would rather not have to park for 4+ hours to get 100 km to run errands in town. Or have to charge for 15 hours before leaving town on a non-supercharger route.

The supercharger in Hope will help somewhat.

If you're in a bind you could stop by the Tesla store on Robson near Burrard. I believe they have three HPWC (80A) chargers in a parkade nearby for the test drive vehicles. Wouldn't hurt to ask if one is available. Easy to kill an hour or two in that area.

Thanks pairtrader and Paul,

I ended up making a trip to Vancouver this last Friday. Left Kelowna with a range charge at 7 am intending on being at YVR by 1 pm. Wouldn't have be a problem except that the Sun Country Highway charger across from the Blue Moose in Hope had been damaged. Did a short charge at the Kal Tire and stopped by the supercharger site, then moved on to the Best Western in Chilliwack. Added 56 km of Rated Range in 50 minutes and then headed for YVR. From YVR straight to Vancouver City Hall where I arrived with 11 km remaining. Charged there for a couple of hours (of MEC shopping!) and then stopped in to say hello to Robin at the Robson store where they offered me the use of one of their HPWCs. One of those chargers runs at 208V/65A; I believe that the other 2 are slower.

The return trip was via Bellingham, Burlington (first supercharge!) and then over the North Cascade highway for dinner and charge at the Twisp River Inn (204V/70A). Needed 2.5 hrs of charging there to get me home to Kelowna.

If you are not on a tight schedule, drive the North Cascade highway. It is a fantastic drive.

Kelowna to Hope - 51 kWh
Hope to YVR to Vancouver City Hall - 32 kWh
Granville Island to Burlington supercharger - 25 kWh. Installed Yakima roof box in Bellingham. The rack/box appears to increase energy usage by ~10%.
Burlington to Twisp - 48 kWh
Burlington to Omak Inn - 63 kWh
Omak Inn to border (Oroville/Osoyoos) - 15 kWh
Border to Kelowna - 26 kWh