Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone 6 and premium center console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone had to ask. Any comments about whether the Premium Center Console fits the iPhone 6 models? Any Apple employees tried it out?

It it would be a bit of a disaster if it didn't...

it should work fine, since the iPhone 6 is thinner. It might even work with a case on the phone now.

Even if it did not, the Lightning connector insert can be swapped out with a different design pretty easily, just as it can be swapped with a USB plug or no plug.

it should work fine, since the iPhone 6 is thinner. It might even work with a case on the phone now.

Even if it did not, the Lightning connector insert can be swapped out with a different design pretty easily, just as it can be swapped with a USB plug or no plug.

I've just installed mine today, although i'm using a iphone 5, I'm sure it fits the iPhone 6 or any other phones. It's just a dock with lightning cable.

Has anyone else's iphone 6 stopped charging in their center console?
It worked perfectly for the first 6 weeks I owned the car but two weeks ago, I started getting "unsupported device" notifications on the phone and now it just doesn't work anymore! Pretty frustrating for a $600 charger.

It worked perfectly for the first 6 weeks I owned the car but two weeks ago, I started getting "unsupported device" notifications on the phone and now it just doesn't work anymore! Pretty frustrating for a $600 charger.

As far as I can tell, this happens with every 12V adapter I've used. Sometimes powercycling the phone helps.

Evannex console. 6 Plus

P1060107.JPG
P1060109.JPG

Apple has a special finicky charger requirement so I'm not surprised that there are issues. Apple devices only work reliably with genuine Apple kit.They don't make it easy for anyone to compete.