Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Access to TMC from on your mobile device

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mpt

Electrics are back
Supporting Member
As no one I know uses those old laptop things to access the site, we have a specially tuned mobile skin that works well but I still like that native app feel so I took a look at some mobile clients, initially for the iPhone... as I have one... seemed like a good place to start.

I found TapaTalk and Kaytri.

The site is now registered with TapaTalk, an iPhone native client. Versions for Android and Nokia are on the way.

iPhone users can collect the app here:
iTunes Store

It's early days and the app is not 100% feature complete but it's getting there. If you try it, let me know what you think.

Kaytri can be collected from iTunes Store

It's free but felt a little like that; if you get it going let me know.

I just tried the tapatalk app. It is so much better than the existing mobile skin. If not for tapatalk, I would have much prefered the full site over the mobile skin. I tried, unsucessfully, to figure out how view the full site with my iPhone a few months back.

Thx for setting this up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TapaTalk now supports Android:

"We're pleased to announced that the Tapatalk for Android is updated with full private messaging feature. Currently this app is free during beta period and can be found at the Android Market by searching "tapatalk". Alternatively you can visit Androlib.com for more information.

We're also in midst of developing the long requested Tapatalk for Blackberry, and will be available in next 30 days. If you are interested to take a closer look, visit our Community Forum for latest screen shots and update!"

TapaTalk now supports Android:

"We're pleased to announced that the Tapatalk for Android is updated with full private messaging feature. Currently this app is free during beta period and can be found at the Android Market by searching "tapatalk". Alternatively you can visit Androlib.com for more information.

We're also in midst of developing the long requested Tapatalk for Blackberry, and will be available in next 30 days. If you are interested to take a closer look, visit our Community Forum for latest screen shots and update!"

Did someone say a Blackberry app?!
let me know as soon as it's out please:biggrin:

Yeah, well. I'm running WinMo5 on a Dell Axim x51v. I've had it for 2 years, now. WinMo updates don't go out to the old hardware, so I've never run 6.0 or 6.5.

I have the SpB shell laid on over WinMo5. It's pretty, but I get lockups every so often.

The mobile version of this site works OK. It would be nice if I could stay logged in, and that clicking on a thread took me to the first unread entry, but I'll survive.

We'll see what I do when the iWipe comes out at the end of the month.

Last edited:
We have a feature that automatically selects a mobile layout that can't be over-ridden by the user as far as I can tell.

We're migrating to version 4 of the forum software soon so may be able to overcome that in there.

If you're on the iPhone I find TapaTalk to be a very good app, they're talking about the iPad version as well.

We have a feature that automatically selects a mobile layout that can't be over-ridden by the user as far as I can tell.

We're migrating to version 4 of the forum software soon so may be able to overcome that in there.

If you're on the iPhone I find TapaTalk to be a very good app, they're talking about the iPad version as well.

Thanks for the info. I've briefly tried TapaTalk on my iPhone. It would be usable in a pinch, but I expect that I'll mainly stick to reading the forum when I have full browser access. I'll check with my phone every once in a while, in case a future upgrade/change affects mobile access.

Unable to get full version of site on iPad

I am enjoying my new iPad quite a bit, but cannot figure out how NOT to get the mobile version on the iPad Safari browser. Am I missing something, or is it not possible to get the full version on a mobile device like the iPad?

Thanks,

Jay