Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Chargepoint app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TexasEV

Jun 5, 2013
Austin, TX
The updated Chargepoint iPhone app out this week shows the kW for each of their charging stations. All the ones I looked at were listed as 6.6kW, but including that information suggests they may be planning higher amp stations.

The app includes stations in other charging networks but not non-networked charging stations, so it's not as comprehensive as Plugshare. It doesn't list the kW of the non-Chargepoint stations, at least not yet.

I tried to add non-networked charge stations to thier site. Charge stations that I installed years ago appear, but they refuse to add new ones. I was told by chargepoint that they took government data to build their site, but will not take new submissions. IMO, they need to show all available stations and highlight theirs if they want to be the primary "go to " app for finding a charging location.

I tried to add non-networked charge stations to thier site. Charge stations that I installed years ago appear, but they refuse to add new ones. I was told by chargepoint that they took government data to build their site, but will not take new submissions. IMO, they need to show all available stations and highlight theirs if they want to be the primary "go to " app for finding a charging location.

Agreed. With that weird restriction, it may not be useless but it will certainly be used less...

I saw the following comment last night on our EV mailing list at work:

Chargepoint has put out a new app version. Please note before you download that they have eliminated a lot of the functionality from past versions. For example: ability to track historic usage, remote stop and navigating to favorite stations is virtually impossible.

So may be an idea to stay on current version if you use these capabilities.

There aren't any ChargePoint stations in my neck of the woods, so I don't use it and can't comment on

The ChargePoint station in Parkersbug, WV does not even come up on their map, but it sure does on PlugShare, go figure.
Chargepoint admins can/do setup access policies for their units and can determine both who can use as well as who can see their units. Having someone then list a station in Plugshare kind of defeats the purpose of not making it visible in the Chargepoint network. Go figure.