Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frunk Organizer Alternative

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking on the Tesla Gear website, I really liked the idea of the the frunk organizer but could not make myself spend $125 on what seems like a cheaply made polyester box IMHO with a Tesla logo. So after looking at the size description of the Tesla front trunk organizer box, I decided to look around Amazon and found what I think does the job just as well, if not better at almost half the price. Amazon.com: Travelon Luggage Wheeled Underseat 18 Inch Carry On Bag, Black, One Size: Clothing I currently use this bag to hold my 50amp extension cable, a large flashlight, front license place w/ holder, and the UMC bag. It has plenty of room for other stuff if needed. It also has a pull out handle which is nice if the bag needs to be moved.

I also ordered the Tesla frunk cargo net to secure the luggage bag in place. (found some cheap alternative nets too but they are just not as good). Anyways, let me know what you guys think.

Tesla front trunk organizer box size:
18"W x 16"D x 10.5"H (taper to 7.5"H)

Travelon Luggage Wheeled Underseat Carry On Bag Size:
18"D x 14"W x 9"H

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 906
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 848
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 859
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 962
The organizer box from tesla is certainly not cheap - I was expecting to be disappointed but I ordered one anyway and I'm thrilled. Very solid, good quality and fits the space perfectly. Looks great and easy to remove with its handle on the front. Same for the rolling duffel that fits in the well in the back trunk. High quality and quite functional.