Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Denver, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cottonwood

Roadster#433, Model S#S37
Feb 27, 2009
Colorado
There appears to be credible evidence of the location for the Denver Supercharger from krudy at Denver Supercharger ? - Page 3 at The Hampton Inn, 4310 Airport Way, Denver CO 80239. This find by krudy was also noticed by emupilot at Tesla Supercharger network - Page 543

I think I stumbled upon the new Denver SC site. It is at the Hampton Inn, 4310 Airport Way, Denver CO 80239. It looks to be 6 stalls in the very Northeast "point" on the property. I stayed at the Hampton last Sat night so I could use their J1772 charger overnight on my drive in my 2014 P85 from Las Vegas NV (home) to Wichita KS. In the morning, I saw the Tesla crates in the corner of the parking lot and walked over and snapped some pictures. I'm fairly new to the TMC forums so I don't think I can upload the photos here yet. I'm on a tight schedule here so don't have time to research how to upload...open to quick instructions from experts :) I did send the photos to BlueShift at supercharge.info, so maybe they'll surface there first.

Hopefully, we will see pictures soon. For a google maps view of this location in Denver, see 4310 Airport Way, Denver, CO 80239 - Google Maps

This location will help airport users and folks coming from the east on I-70, but will be a little out of the way for those coming from Cheyenne and the north and then heading west on I-70. If the "temporary" Lone Tree site goes away, this will also be a little out of the way for those coming from the south and heading west.

Great find by krudy! I hope we get some photos soon! I've offered to help post the photos if needed. It seems to be in a great location. I traveled near there recently and it would have come to good use traveling east to west on I-70.

I just got home from the site. The contractor said it might take a month as he needs to build a brick enclosure. Sorry, I don't know how to shrink pics.

Attachments

• IMG_20140909_155145_611.jpg
    IMG_20140909_155145_611.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,061
  • IMG_20140909_155705_372.jpg
    IMG_20140909_155705_372.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,040
  • IMG_20140909_155646_224.jpg
    IMG_20140909_155646_224.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,017
I just got home from the site. The contractor said it might take a month as he needs to build a brick enclosure. Sorry, I don't know how to shrink pics.

They are just getting started, so finished and on-line in a month would be great!

So far, Xcel Energy has not been a hold up on connections and transformer installs.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are pictures that krudy e-mailed to me. Thanks krudy!

Denver 1.JPG

Denver 2.JPG

Denver 3.JPG

Denver 4.JPG

Denver 5.JPG

This is an excellent spot for a supercharger. It splits the 155 mile gap between Limon, CO and Silverthorne, CO, which will be invaluable in the winter.

I agree, and that will be crucial when the roads are snow covered and it's 10F outside. Once Kansas City and Topeka are complete the trip from my home in South Missouri will be doable.

Great news for more SC's on I-70.
A bit of a headscratcher, though. Cutting east over to Aurora on I-270 or E-470 (tolls) from I-25 southbound adds maybe a half hour to the westbounder from Chicago/Cheyenne, versus I-76 West to I-70, and unfortuantely on some of the worst truck freeway and surface in Denver. Hmmm. I trust there is a larger plan. Maybe a future addition or relocation of Lone Tree to the west side of town....

Last edited:
Great news for more SC's on I-70.
A bit of a headscratcher, though. Cutting east over to Aurora on I-270 or E-470 (tolls) from I-25 southbound adds maybe a half hour to the westbounder from Chicago/Cheyenne, versus I-76 West to I-70, and unfortuantely on some of the worst truck freeway and surface in Denver. Hmmm. I trust there is a larger plan. Maybe a future addition or relocation of Lone Tree to the west side of town....

Yes, when I heard that it was going to be at a Hamton Inn, I was hoping for the one on the west side of town near Golden. Golden would have been a much better location for all: Hampton Inn Denver West Golden Hotel - Google Maps

However, as they say, this location is way better than nothing, and it will be good for those returning from flights out of the Denver Airport.

Yes, when I heard that it was going to be at a Hamton Inn, I was hoping for the one on the west side of town near Golden. Golden would have been a much better location for all: Hampton Inn Denver West Golden Hotel - Google Maps

However, as they say, this location is way better than nothing, and it will be good for those returning from flights out of the Denver Airport.

I agree 100%. West Side of town would have been a much better choice...maybe close to the Colorado Mills shopping center?

It's got to be incredibly difficult to find suitable landlords for these. For instance, much of the commercial property in the Golden area is owned or controlled by the Stevenson dynasty, as in Stevenson Chevrolet ..... For what it's worth ...the Park Meadows store said a while back there "would be more around Denver....someday".

Thanks for the pic. Did you notice if the transformer was there or not?

Xcel Energy is one of the better responding utilities. I spoke with one of their people at the Silverthorne opening last year. They are very supportive of Tesla's Superchargers, and I would expect the transformer connection to go quickly.

For example, the Boulder equipment yard on 63rd St in Boulder has multiple 300, 500, and 750 kW transformers staged and ready to go. They have been doing a lot of high power installs lately for grow operations...