Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minneapolis- St Paul area Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like official supercharger map on teslamotors.com now has what appears to be Brainerd MN and somewhere between MSP and Duluth (Hinckley?) showing as "Coming Soon" for superchargers. Nothing listed for MSP yet though. If they are working south however then I'd assume MSP is next after those 2. The 2015 marker still shows MSP as coming in 2015. Perhaps they will also add some SC's if they expand the service center in Eden Praire (was mentioned that they were looking to double the size of the service center as they have quickly outgrown the current one). Not a great location for SC's but seems silly not to add SC's to all service centers. Would be nice if they would eventually add SC's to Rochester.

I drove up to Brainerd yesterday to look for any signs of SC construction, but I didn't find anything. There are two shopping malls, one on the east end and one on the west end, but there was nothing SC-wise at either. (I did confirm that one can use the NEMA 14-50 outlets at the campground in Lum Park for charging.) Then I drove over to Sandstone and Hinkley looking for any signs of SC activity there; again, nada. Sandstone (pop. 2775) is actually bigger than Hinkley (pop. 1781). Hinkley has a bunch of newer restaurants to the east of I-35, where SCs are often found, whereas Sandstone does not. According to the websites of all three towns, building permits are handled by the state or perhaps the county; I've not been able to find any evidence online for any of them.