Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

number change

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so on my order tracker screen under Model S it used to say RN XXXXX now it is 17 letters/digits ending with 5 digits is that the vin number? and does that mean im that much closer to getting the car? sorry im going crazy its been a month since i ordered and no change until this.

so on my order tracker screen under Model S it used to say RN XXXXX now it is 17 letters/digits ending with 5 digits is that the vin number? and does that mean im that much closer to getting the car? sorry im going crazy its been a month since i ordered and no change until this.

No need to apologize, you're well within normal bounds of behavior. For this forum. :)

Yep, that's your VIN number, and when you see people around here post their VIN, it will be just the last five digits (which is the only part of the VIN that's unique to your specific car).

Now that you have the VIN number, you can set up financing and insurance (although you still have some time to do those things).

Yes and no. Yes that's the VIN as others have said.

I also have a VIN and then my delivery was pushed back at least another month. So I have a VIN but I'm still 3 months away from delivery.

The website configurator seems to have just updated from 'November' delvery, to 'late December' for 60, and 'December' for 85/P85. Still, not sure how Thud could be stuck on December, though.

Anyone with an inventory story they want to share? With production back, that pipe might slowly open again. Last I heard from a rep was nothing on the east coast, a/o about 2wks ago?