Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cup holder inserts with rubber flaps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was a bit annoyed from Tesla removing the original cup holder cinches as discussed in this thread (Cup holder cinchers). So I did some testing and found that the rubber inserts from a Chevy Trailblazer will fit and somewhat aid in not letting your bottles tip and move. Both inserts fit within the upholders and can be installed and removed easily. There is about 1 inch of room after installation between the inserts and the top of the cup holder so the arm rests can still slide to cover the area.

If you do a google search for "DDD23949", you should find the part from GM. I ordered my set from eBay and it came with 2 small inserts shown in the picture and a large insert that is useless. Wasn't sure if these would fit when I ordered but they seem to work great. Perhaps if anyone ordered from GM, they can only get the small ones.

Attachments

• 2inserts.JPG
    2inserts.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 1,734
  • 7inserts.JPG
    7inserts.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 1,625
  • 3inserts.JPG
    3inserts.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 1,668
  • 5inserts.JPG
    5inserts.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 1,633
  • 6inserts.JPG
    6inserts.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 1,609
  • 4inserts.JPG
    4inserts.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 1,629
  • 1inserts.JPG
    1inserts.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 1,729
Yeh tell me about it. I almost had a traffic incident and slammed on my brakes. My coffee mug (already loose because of no rubber inserts in the cupholders) lunged out of its holder and directly to the screen! Made me cringe when it seemed to go slow motion toward the screen and hitting it w/ a lot of force. Coffee all over, I wiped everything up and there was a nasty nick on the screen. Luckily I had a screen protector on that saved my screen. Can't imagine what it would cost to change the glass out.

Word to the wise, either get some kind of rubber inserts for the cupholders or get a screen protector!

• Helpful
Reactions: diggity
awesome. I found a bunch of options on ebay by searching "trailblazer cupholder envoy". (Then pick the ones in the thumbnail that have 4 rubber tabs, not 6).

I also find stuff if I search
88986013 as the part number. I assume this is the same thing as
DDD23949?

Last edited:
I use just the right number of Starbucks insulated sleeves. They nest together well and hav learned to conform to my cup. They hold it firmly and are smart enough to let the cup go before just the cup holder lets go of them...
The price is perfect!

Yea this was a huge mistake for Tesla to remove these. They just set everyone up for massive damage to the console screen when water and coffee is thrown all over it. I would give Tesla holy hell if console screen was damaged due to the removal of the cinches and they try to charge me for fixing it lol it's their design fault for removing them. Honestly that's like them removing your seatbelt and then you go flying into the windshield.

I already had an incident where there were 2 'Jones Soda'-type glass bottles in the cupholders and they clanged together really loudly during a turn and scared the crap out of the driver!

I forgot, did Tesla give an actual reason as to why the inserts were removed?

Yea this was a huge mistake for Tesla to remove these. They just set everyone up for massive damage to the console screen when water and coffee is thrown all over it. I would give Tesla holy hell if console screen was damaged due to the removal of the cinches and they try to charge me for fixing it lol it's their design fault for removing them. Honestly that's like them removing your seatbelt and then you go flying into the windshield.

I've had a spill incident already, but not as bad as lloyds. I now use napkins to give the cups cushion, but the problem is every time I lift my cup the napkin would come out with it.

I believe those are the same ones. You may need to verify by checking the sizes first just to make sure.

awesome. I found a bunch of options on ebay by searching "trailblazer cupholder envoy". (Then pick the ones in the thumbnail that have 4 rubber tabs, not 6).

I also find stuff if I search
88986013 as the part number. I assume this is the same thing as
DDD23949?

Home made cup holders

So far I just use one at a time and it works great for 90% of my purposes. I imagine you could cut them both at the "venn diagram" point and they would fit better tho.

I made my own cup holders. I got two after market holders from Pepboys mounted them to a 1/4 in piece of plastic sandwitched between two pirces of felt that sits on the Yacht floor ( that has rubber strips on it.) So it doesn't slip and holds all sizes of drinks.. I added pics, hope they show up ....Mark

Attachments

• IMG_20141021_210840262[1].jpg
    IMG_20141021_210840262[1].jpg
    395.3 KB · Views: 472
  • IMG_20141021_210800559[1].jpg
    IMG_20141021_210800559[1].jpg
    410.2 KB · Views: 490
Funny, this reminds me of the 5 different models of gambling table cupholder inserts I tested before I found the right one for my China factory direct $1400 (US $20k)
home theater seats with slideout armrests.

Many thanks to OP, just snagged a pair from ebay.

Now if I can find a solution for the rear seat that will still seat my 3 rascals.

Funny, this reminds me of the 5 different models of gambling table cupholder inserts I tested before I found the right one for my China factory direct $1400 (US $20k)
home theater seats with slideout armrests.

Many thanks to OP, just snagged a pair from ebay.

Now if I can find a solution for the rear seat that will still seat my 3 rascals.
Check out EVEverything.com, they have great rear cupholders