Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally! "T" day of steel grey Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up the car yesterday at the new Costa Mesa delivery office (The service center was moved down the street and they are currently in construction to transform the old spot into a nice delivery office and showroom). The uncertainty of the delay time as a result of the factory shutdown was agonizing. In the end, however, I received the car only 14 days later than my originally scheduled delivery date. I was also slightly concerned that I would find multiple issues at delivery considering that the car was one of the first through the new production line. As it turns out, I had absolutely nothing to worry about. The car looks and performs amazing! Everything is working flawlessly so far, and I could not find any defects or necessary corrections. Overall, it was a truly amazing day and one I will not soon forget.

Enough of my rambling for now. Here are some pictures of the new steel grey:

rsz_151.jpg
rsz_154.jpg
rsz_157.jpg
rsz_161.jpg
rsz_165.jpg
rsz_166.jpg
rsz_168.jpg
rsz_170.jpg

Congratulations! The new gray is a gorgeous color, thanks for some of the first pics of it "in the wild". :)

It's also comforting to hear that quality on delivery was top-notch. That's great news for the rest of us with September deliveries.

May you have many years of exhilarating travels with your new S85!

The new grey looks fantastic. I was originally scheduled for the old grey and I agonized over whether to accept the new grey or choose another color altogether. I went with pearl white but after looking at your car, I would have been well served by going with "steel".
Cograts!

How's it look in person? How would you compare it against the old gray?

I think the new grey looks amazing (Admittedly I may be biased at this point). It is definitely a darker grey than the original, but not so dark that I would confuse it with black.

The new grey looks fantastic. I was originally scheduled for the old grey and I agonized over whether to accept the new grey or choose another color altogether. I went with pearl white but after looking at your car, I would have been well served by going with "steel".
Cograts!

I too originally picked the old grey. In fact, I was still slated to receive the old grey with the option to change to the new if desired. As I love the old grey, I went back and forth for 24 hours before finally deciding to switch to the new steel grey. I don't regret my decision at all.

Endodoc-

Congrats! Had the same 24 hour dilemma with mine... Stick with old grey or go with the new. From your pictures it looks like I will be happy by going with the new steel grey!

Was supposed to pick mine up Tuesday from Costa Mesa as well but I have been hit by the delay... Hoping it will be soon.

Congrats again she's a beauty.