Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lake City Supercharger Grand Opening Party

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since Tesla didn't have a ribbon cutting ceremony to open the Lake City supercharger, a group from the Florida Tesla Enthusiasts decided we'd have our own Party! In spite of the very heavy rain, which abated after lunch, we had 6 Tesla's in attendance that filled the SC charging positions and got quite a bit of attention from the local Facebook group, a number of whom stopped by to visit and find out what Tesla's and superchargers were all about.

All who attended are TMC forum participants. Joer00 and his wife came all the way from Tampa, apvbguy arrived from Ponte Vedra Beach, SKLANCHA came from South of Tampa, AndyO, who had name tags for all of us came from Gainesville, and G8RBev arrived from Crystal River. I think we all had a good time in spite of the heavy rain. We're planning to do it again soon at the next Florida SC opening and hope that many more folks will be able to attend.

While it wasn't a great day for photography, here are a few pictures.

The following link is to an aerial 360 pano view. Just drag it in any direction with your mouse or just tilt your iPad or iPhone:

http://tinyurl.com/l5kcchj

I'm sure this is the first time 6 cars have charged at the same time in Lake City:

Attachments

• LCSCparty1.jpg
    LCSCparty1.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 451
  • LCSCparty2.jpg
    LCSCparty2.jpg
    411.5 KB · Views: 376
  • LCSCparty3.jpg
    LCSCparty3.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 374
Since Tesla didn't have a ribbon cutting ceremony to open the Lake City supercharger, a group from the Florida Tesla Enthusiasts decided we'd have our own Party! In spite of the very heavy rain, which abated after lunch, we had 6 Tesla's in attendance that filled the SC charging positions and got quite a bit of attention from the local Facebook group, a number of whom stopped by to visit and find out what Tesla's and superchargers were all about.

All who attended are TMC forum participants. Joer00 and his wife came all the way from Tampa, apvbguy arrived from Ponte Vedra Beach, SKLANCHA came from South of Tampa, AndyO, who had name tags for all of us came from Gainesville, and G8RBev arrived from Crystal River. I think we all had a good time in spite of the heavy rain. We're planning to do it again soon at the next Florida SC opening and hope that many more folks will be able to attend.

While it wasn't a great day for photography, here are a few pictures.

The following link is to an aerial 360 pano view. Just drag it in any direction with your mouse or just tilt your iPad or iPhone:

http://tinyurl.com/l5kcchj

I'm sure this is the first time 6 cars have charged at the same time in Lake City:

Keith,

Great photos!

Fantastic aerial photos!!

Thank you and Andy for your help it organizing this event.

The Tampa Supercharger Station should be operational this month. I've been talking to Erol, the Chairperson of the Southwest Region Events Committee, about organizing a meet-up at the Olive Garden nearby. Hopefully we'll have details to share soon.

Regards,

Larry

Hi Alex:

I’ve been doing similar 360’s for a number of years. The camera mount I use is my own evolving design and can be used on a pole, RC helicopter or real helicopter. Taking the picture is the easy part. The secret is to rotate the camera around the nodal point of the lens. The post production work is the difficult part. I use three different software programs to create the file. Proficiency in Photoshop is a must. I do the output in Flash and HTML5 so it will work on anything. In short, it isn’t an easy or quick project, and takes a learning curve to be able to get usable results.

I generally have about a 90% success rate. Sometimes, getting the proper shot can be difficult. I thought it would be fun to shoot the various superchargers and make the 360’s available to give folks a better view of the area than can be realized from ground photos.

I shot one at St. Augustine the other day.

http://tinyurl.com/l53ce2h

As you can see, the trees and buildings block most of the view. If I go higher, the trees will hide the supercharger. Guess I’ll wait for winter when there are fewer trees and shoot it again. Hope I answered your question.

Keith

Hi Alex:

I’ve been doing similar 360’s for a number of years. The camera mount I use is my own evolving design and can be used on a pole, RC helicopter or real helicopter. Taking the picture is the easy part. The secret is to rotate the camera around the nodal point of the lens. The post production work is the difficult part. I use three different software programs to create the file. Proficiency in Photoshop is a must. I do the output in Flash and HTML5 so it will work on anything. In short, it isn’t an easy or quick project, and takes a learning curve to be able to get usable results.

I generally have about a 90% success rate. Sometimes, getting the proper shot can be difficult. I thought it would be fun to shoot the various superchargers and make the 360’s available to give folks a better view of the area than can be realized from ground photos.

I shot one at St. Augustine the other day.

http://tinyurl.com/l53ce2h

As you can see, the trees and buildings block most of the view. If I go higher, the trees will hide the supercharger. Guess I’ll wait for winter when there are fewer trees and shoot it again. Hope I answered your question.

Keith
Seriously cool. I look at these on my iPad, and you just tilt and move the device to "look" around, and pinch and zoom to check out details of a building, etc. I surely won't be producing these, given your description, but someone (moderator/Larry?) should consider how to get these to a central wiki or list, if you are starting to do these for many SCs. Thanks for sharing them.

Seriously cool. I look at these on my iPad, and you just tilt and move the device to "look" around, and pinch and zoom to check out details of a building, etc. I surely won't be producing these, given your description, but someone (moderator/Larry?) should consider how to get these to a central wiki or list, if you are starting to do these for many SCs. Thanks for sharing them.

Hi Alex,

I don't know about a central wiki or list, but I've forwarded the link both to Supercharger project management and Tesla communications they both think its very cool. Communications expressed an interest is perhaps sharing it on social media.

Larry

I have been informed by Tesla that they will be having a ribbon cutting ceremony here (and at Tampa) within the next few weeks and they requested that I hold on coordinating any events until then.

Opps on the Lake City event. :wink:

We will hold tight until I hear from Tesla before initiatating any meet-ups, but if possible we will try to do a repeat meet-up at Lake City if there is interest.

Larry