Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Grove City, OH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great news! Columbus is an interesting place for superchargers because of I-270, which is a giant circle around the city. However, this supercharger will be great for servicing I-70 (Indianapolis - Dayton - Columbus - Wheeling) and I-71 (Cleveland - Columbus - Cincinnati). Yes, it may be inconvenient for some traveling in certain directions, but nevertheless, it will be there regardless if you have to travel a few miles out of your way.

Hey Jim, I was passing through Erie last week and stopped for a bite on Peach St. I saw the odd little parking area you spotted...there is a power line right near it with transformers for the Krispy Kreme. Don't know if this line will handle an SpC, but that spot continues to look ideal for an SpC!

I have heard that it is somewhere in the vicinity of

2173 Stringtown Rd
Grove City, OH 43123

This is not from a super reliable source, although I have heard it twice now...

Take that for what it is worth...

Copied from the Grove City Planning Board Minutes of 9/2/2014

Item #4 – Tesla Motors – Use Approval (PID #201407280037)

The applicant is proposing to install eight (8) electric vehicle charging stations for Tesla Motors in the Derby Square
Shopping Center. After an analysis of permitted uses and district requirements listed in Section 1135.09, staff concluded
that electric vehicle charging stations are not expressly or conditionally permitted in any zoning district within the City.
Therefore, in accordance with Section 1135.09, “All uses not shown herein shall be considered by the Planning
Commission, and shall thereafter recommend approval or disapproval of the use to Council for final action.”

After reviewing the application, the Development Department recommends Planning Commission make a
recommendation of approval to City Council for the use approval (rezoning) as submitted.

Mr. Levy, representative for the applicant, remained at the podium. There were no questions.

Mr. Leasure motioned to recommend the approval of the use approval (rezoning) as submitted, Ms. Oyster seconded and
the vote was unanimously approved.

So the City Council action was on the agenda for 10/6/2014.
The minutes for that meeting are not posted yet but here are the items relevant to Tesla:

2014_10_21_23_09_59.jpg
2014_10_21_23_11_06.jpg