Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My rated range increased while the car was parked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I parked my car at the car detailing shop this morning with a rated range of 254km but when I went back to the shop more than 7 hrs later and the rated ranged increased to 257 km. I thought this was very strange...anyone has any idea why this happened?

I parked my car at the car detailing shop this morning with a rated range of 254km but when I went back to the shop more than 7 hrs later and the rated ranged increased to 257 km. I thought this was very strange...anyone has any idea why this happened?

Most likely this is due to temperature in the pack. If the pack gets cold soaked the Model S prevents you from using the last bit of normally usable battery capacity, to prevent degredation. If you battery was cool in the morning, and warmed up over the day you could see this.

I often see this in Atlanta on sunny winter days.

You can also see this go the other way, without actual vampire drain.

Most likely this is due to temperature in the pack. If the pack gets cold soaked the Model S prevents you from using the last bit of normally usable battery capacity, to prevent degredation. If you battery was cool in the morning, and warmed up over the day you could see this.

I often see this in Atlanta on sunny winter days.

You can also see this go the other way, without actual vampire drain.

EISuprem, that makes sense, the car was sitting in an airconditioned room when the car was getting detailed. thanks.

Possibly but the app and car agreed that my charge was 137 when I unplugged. The only thing different for me is that I had turned the AC off before getting out of the car. Maybe it takes the power draw from the AC into account when displaying Rated Range.