Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

South Florida Store Opening

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Arnold Panz

Model Sig 304, VIN 542
Apr 13, 2009
Miami, Florida
I received an invite yesterday to a private viewing of the new South Florida Tesla showroom on December 17th. The showroom is located at 1949 Tigertail Boulevard, just off I-95 between Stirling and Griffin Roads. This is a great location for Tesla -- they can probably make a sign visible from I-95, which is the main highway through South Florida. They're 30 minutes from downtown Miami, 10 minutes from downtown Fort Lauderdale, 30 minutes from Boca Raton, and about an hour from Palm Beach. It's even accessible to people from Naples/Ft. Myers on the west coast of Florida in under 2 hours. It's also only 10 minutes from me :biggrin::biggrin:

The invite is a picture e-mail that I can seem to post, so my apologies, but there isn't much other information on there. The viewing is from 7-11pm.

I went down there today to check it out. Spoke with store manager (did not get a name), there were people test driving a dark blue roadster sport VIN 727 with Washington plates. If i heard correctly, anyone is welcome on December 17. Local media will be contacted as well. Presently, there are crews working on interior of the building. More pictures here.

Attachments

• IMG_6127.JPG
    IMG_6127.JPG
    693.9 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_6124.JPG
    IMG_6124.JPG
    668 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:
I went down there today to check it out. If i heard correctly, anyone is welcome on December 17. Local media will be contacted as well. Presently, there are crews working on interior of the building. More pictures here.

GREAT pics Antron, thanks! These pics confirm that this will be VERY visible from I-95 -- I pass that strip mall every day on my commute to work.

Not sure about the event on the 17th being open to the public -- when I RSVP'd for the party, the Tesla rep said that my name would be "added to the guest list", and she also wanted to know if I was bringing a guest.

TEG -- LOL! In fact, not only is that a retro, all-wood roller coaster, but that place (Boomers) has a big go-kart track as well! Apropos, indeed, although it will draw eyeballs to the wrong side of the highway as people drive past :frown:

I forgot to mention a couple of things -- this location is no more than 5 minutes from the Fort Lauderdale airport. Anyone flying into Fort Lauderdale for any reason can easily take a quick trip over to the showroom on their way in or out of the airport.

Finally, the Super Bowl this year is in South Florida, and the stadium is about 15 minutes from this location as well. While much of the action the week leading up to the Super Bowl is down on South Beach, plenty of people stay further north, and it will be good for Tesla to have the store fully up and running (with big signage!) for that two week period prior to the Super Bowl, which includes the Pro Bowl the previous Sunday.

White star

I went down there today to check it out. Spoke with store manager (did not get a name), there were people test driving a dark blue roadster sport VIN 727 with Washington plates. If i heard correctly, anyone is welcome on December 17. Local media will be contacted as well. Presently, there are crews working on interior of the building. More pictures here.

Do you know if the Sedan (white star prototype) will be there for viewing??

I don't know. Next time I am there I will ask. Today I noticed the old logo was gone, so "Tesla" sign might be going up soon.

I noticed that as well. I also noticed that there are some other storefronts in that strip mall that are for rent. Bottom line is, a brightly lit, big sign should draw a fair amount of eyeballs, especially at night, because it was pitch dark there when I drove past last evening.

The store looks like it's coming along nicely. The interior appears painted (red, with the minimalist asthetic common to the other stores), and there are workers there every day. Sorry I don't have pictures, but my view is from I-95 whilst driving about 65 mph. I'll be sure to bring a camera on Thursday night.

I just got back from the opening -- we are having an historic rainfall in South Florida, and the roads are flooded to an extent I've never seen in 12 years of living here (which is saying something, because we get crazy rain here during the summer sometimes). Tesla handled it the best they could -- we parked on some high ground a block from the store, and they drove us as close to the store as possible, and then we took off our socks and shoes, hiked up our pants (there was probably six inches of standing water to walk through), and waded our way into/out of the store.

The event itself was good -- I'll try to post pics at some other point. I'm sure that turnout was significantly lower than it would otherwise had been if not for the weather. The only time I ever remember such a crappy/rainy night in the winter here was the Super Bowl three years ago between Indy and Chicago, and I think this was worse.

Do you know if the Sedan (white star prototype) will be there for viewing??

Unfortunately there was no Model S on display at the S Fla opening. From what I understand there is only 1 (one) Model S to date. Besides, at this point Tesla is opening stores to sell what they have now... so I don't think we'll see to much about the Model S in the stores for awhile. They did have one large picture of a Model S on a wall. But that was the only reference I saw to a Model S.