Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will 4 OEM 19" Wheels/Tires Fit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I plan on taking delivery in Raleigh (3 hrs from home) and having my OEM 19" wheels swapped out with aftermarkets right there in town, so I can swing back by the service center to have my new TPMSs reprogrammed. I'd then like to take my 4 19" OEM wheels/tires home in the car so I can sell them.

Will they fit in the car?

No, they fit.

I've transported all four of my OEM 19s as well as 4 Rial Luganos/Xi3s in the car (at different times, of course). You definitely need to fold down the seats. I put up blankets against the sides and against the front seats and put them in there. You do have to do a little manipulating, and I've found that if you rest two of the wheels slightly on top of the other two, you can fit them. You just have to make sure they clear the lift gate.

Why sell? Y U No Need Winter Tires in VA?

I'm trying to remember, but I think I even fit all four just in the non-reclined back seat. They were upright, two behind the driver two behind the front passenger, each wheel faces towards a seatback (so they don't scrape each other). Then the front seats pinned them in place so they don't roll around.

Got in the habit of doing that with my other car for track days.

Yup, they all fit. Also, no need to have the SC reprogram. You can do so yourself from the screen. Just make sure you take the original wheels out of the back first so those sensors are out of range.
I missed his comment about going to the SC to reset the TPMS sensors, but you're right. Here's the exact location: Controls > Settings > Vehicle > Tire Pressure Monitor > Reset Sensors.

They fit, no problem. I put two in the trunk, one on each of the rear seats. A couple things to consider:

1) Les Schwab changed my tires and reset the TPM's (Tesla double checked them a few days later to make sure it was correct), however, I reused the TPM's from the OEM wheels.
2) If the new wheels come with lugs specific to the wheel, use them! Les Schwab didn't see the lugs that came with my Rials and used the OEM tesla lugs...they did not seat right. It felt like the car had low profile tires. Once the correct lugs were swapped out, the ride was as good, maybe better than the OEM wheels.

- - - Updated - - -

One more thing, if the aftermarket wheels are boxed individually, you may want to use the boxes for transporting your OEM wheels back home...

This thread needs pictures!

4 mounted wheels, lots of room to spare.

IMG_5059.JPG

IMG_5062.JPG