Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are there fast chargers on I75 up to Gaylord, MI?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm from Toronto and I'm due to get my MS85 mid-October. I'm planning on visiting my daughter and her family in Gaylord in November. I think that I can get myself to Detroit pretty comfortably (charging wise), but I'm not sure where to charge on the way up I75.
Normally this is a 7 1/2 hour ride going through Port Huron to Flint and then straight up. I expect that this first trip will take longer, but I still only want to take one day going up and one day on the return (no overnight stays at hotels). Do any of you know if there are good spots to charge on the way b/w Detroit and Gaylord?

Are you planning to go down to Detroit or are you only leaving that as an option if required for charging? I'm a bit out of the way of the interstates, along M-53 about 20 miles south of I-69, but I have a NEMA 14-50. PM me if you think it would be useful. However, availability will be subject to family schedules, so be sure to have an alternative.

Are you planning to go down to Detroit or are you only leaving that as an option if required for charging? I'm a bit out of the way of the interstates, along M-53 about 20 miles south of I-69, but I have a NEMA 14-50. PM me if you think it would be useful. However, availability will be subject to family schedules, so be sure to have an alternative.

Thanks for the offer and I will keep it in mind. My preferred route is through Port Huron to Flint and then North, but I'm not sure that I can make it from London, ON all the way to Flint - and then I'm not sure that there is anything in Flint that will charge quickly. So short story is that I expect that I'll be coming through big D.

I'm from Toronto and I'm due to get my MS85 mid-October. I'm planning on visiting my daughter and her family in Gaylord in November. I think that I can get myself to Detroit pretty comfortably (charging wise), but I'm not sure where to charge on the way up I75.
Normally this is a 7 1/2 hour ride going through Port Huron to Flint and then straight up. I expect that this first trip will take longer, but I still only want to take one day going up and one day on the return (no overnight stays at hotels). Do any of you know if there are good spots to charge on the way b/w Detroit and Gaylord?

If you end up driving through Detroit, you can charge at my office's HPWC in Royal Oak. It is 215 miles from my office to Gaylord. Sent me a PM if you're interested.

Thanks everyone. It looks like this is doable. I will definitely take up the offer of one of you in the Detroit area.

Royal Oak sounds promising. Maybe stop at West Branch to do some discount shopping and use one of the J1772's at Consumers Energy. I'm not sure how quickly they charge, but an hour there might give me enough cushion to get to Gaylord without too much anxiety.

MacLeodMX. Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I should install a HPWC at my daughters house in Gaylord and open up a Tim Hortons :)