Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster pix near Big Sur

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
Someone I met through this forum loaned me one of his Roadsters for the whole month of August! :biggrin:

I decided to drive down the coast and took some pictures near Big Sur:

bs1.jpg

bs2.jpg

bs3.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

bs4.jpg
bs5.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

bs6.jpg

But... the left rear wheel is also properly oriented. Please explain. Is this an inside joke?:confused:

What I took from it was that the wheel on one shot was not pointed at getting back to the road, but instead is pointed at downhill and at the trees.

For a Roadster that is suicide, but for my lifted Durango and Lifted Landcruisers (1981 BJ-44 Diesel RHD and 1976 FJ-55) that is frequently where I go.

If I am wrong, sorry.

T

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, should this post be merged with "What did I park next to that made my Roadster look small"? LOL

Beautiful pics. Thanks.

Nice that a friend allowed you to enjoy his car, and great that you would take awesome pics and share them.

Best,

T

Phenomenal pictures. Great all around!

Also like the CA Access sticker in the window rather than on the fender. I may have to explore getting that for mine now that I see it can be mounted NOT on the fender (like putting a pimple on an otherwise beautiful vehicle).

Really enjoyed this story!

Clean Air Vehicle (CAV) Decals - High Occupancy Vehicle HOV Lane Usage
(23. Q: Where do I place the CAV decals on the vehicle?) pretty it's still not allowed to be there. This is the same reason why I don't have an access sticker :-/

Clean Air Vehicle (CAV) Decals - High Occupancy Vehicle HOV Lane Usage
(23. Q: Where do I place the CAV decals on the vehicle?) pretty it's still not allowed to be there. This is the same reason why I don't have an access sticker :-/

I have the small white one on the rear painted bumper (came that way), legally I should also have one in the upper right corner of my bumper as well as the one in the right rear corner bumper. Never been hassled. Same with the front plate, took it off years ago. Again never stopped. My friend has it on his rear window like it is in the pic, again never hassled. I like their warning too in the link above:

"WARNING: Do not attempt to remove or reposition CAV decals after application. Doing so will result in the destruction of the decals."

How about another warning:

Warning!!! Removing this decal off your painted bumper will also remove your car's paint. This will cause over $300 worth of damage to your vehicle since California doesn't care about your property, only your money. We could allowed you to have just have it placed on your window, but then that would be really thinking ahead plus it wouldn't ruin your car.

Owner and I have used Carpool lanes with this sticker configuration without being stopped, but I assume it is not "legal", but rather just a message to CHP: "Yes, this is a ZEV, and I am entitled to be in the carpool lane, but I am unwilling to deface this beautiful vehicle, so please give me a pass..." So, basically taking a calculated risk.

- - - Updated - - -

Really... one of his Roadsters? How many does this person own? :cool:
"Should I take my green 2.5 today, or is it more like a day for my electric blue 2.0, or should I go vintage and take my black 1.5 out for a spin?" #firstworldproblems
PS: Love the pictures - and the car!

4 Roadsters, a model S and an assortment of (gasp) gasoline exotics that would make any car enthusiast drool.

I'm just glad to see someone else do this with their sticker so at least there's precedent! Claiming ignorance would go a long way and I can't imagine a cop really busting you that hard. And if they insisted that the sticker be moved, you can just bag the whole idea (as I am at the moment now).

The Roadster is probably one of the most obvious EVs on the road today.

And as for the subject of the thread - still enjoying reviewing these pix!