Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation stops showing route (blue line) until reboot...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else experiencing this? Everything seems fine with the navigation system but under some circumstances it stops drawing routes on the map - i.e. the blue line is absent while navigating. This is not transient - it stays this way for all routes until I do a reboot of the 17" console. Then it works again for a while. I never noticed this happening before a couple of months ago. Just curious if anyone else is seeing it.

Happened to me yesterday for the first time (at least first time I noticed). Rebooted the touchscreen while driving and had a little scare when the speedometer cluster spontaneously rebooted also - seemed like both screens were blank for 2-3 minutes (car still drove fine) before coming back on line. Everything works fine now tho.

I've experienced this problem a few times and resolved it by a reboot or by entering a destination into the search box and choosing one of the suggested destinations from the auto populated drop-down box. The reboot has worked reliably. The second method has worked, but I can't say if it always works as I've only done it once ( somewhat inadvertently and I wasn't really paying attention).

happened to me on the way to lunch. entered the restaurant address (in the text area) , no blue line. after lunch I entered the address I was going to (by saing Navigate to...) and magically a blue line appeared. I did not have to reboot.