Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Call me paranoid...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After reading about some unfortunate mishaps bumping into garage walls and doors, driving away with the trunk open, etc., I thought I'd try to pre-empt my inevitable lapse in attention someday. I bought a swimming pool noodle and cut it up to make a bumper on the open garage door, and put a tape line on the floor of the garage so I can watch for it in the camera to know where to stop so I don't hit the shelving in front of the car as I pull in. No mishaps yet, knock on wood...

doorbumper.jpg

stopline.jpg

I just adjusted the hatch so that it only opens so far--then to get it higher I can manually lift it up. The process is to manually adjust the hatch height and then press and hold the button until it beeps (three times IIRC)

I just adjusted the hatch so that it only opens so far--then to get it higher I can manually lift it up. The process is to manually adjust the hatch height and then press and hold the button until it beeps (three times IIRC)

I made the same adjustment as well. The only downside is that I sometimes bang my head on the hatch in this slightly lower position. Oh well, better my head than the car, right?

I did the same. Then my son came by to put a bag in the car and lifted the hatch all the way up..dinger! Ouch, said the car. I like the swim noodle solution!