Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What you've achieved whilst waiting for your Model S...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was always taught to look for the positives in any situation :wink: So here's my top 5 'whilst you wait' achievements, many of which I would never have tackled without ordering this car.

1. Started a family (1st birthday party coming soon)
  2. Built a garage (for the MS)
  3. Built a road (to the garage)
  4. Installed a PV system (to charge the MS)
  5. Watched Dolphin Grey go out of fashion

What's your top 5??

Was always taught to look for the positives in any situation :wink: So here's my top 5 'whilst you wait' achievements, many of which I would never have tackled without ordering this car.

What's your top 5??

Congrats on 1, and the others of course but not quite as momentous.

My Five, not quite as high achieving.

1. Cleaned my garage (a bit)
2. Went to my first EV Festival
3. (Despite many years in Internet industry) used Forums addictively
4. Paid off heaps more than expected of my current car
5. Started a Flipboard magazine about Teslas

Although I only ordered my Model S in 2012 I decided that I would buy a Tesla soon after I first heard about them in 2006.
So my achievements since then.
1: Saved 2/3 of the money to buy the Model S since 2007
2: Negotiating with my Owners Corporation to have my EVSE approved and gazetting probably the first Strata by-law for plug in vehicles in Australia in 2010
3: Keeping my 1999 Mercedes A class going for 15 years until a texting teenager hit it last year and wrote it off! :cursing:
4: Built a holiday house in Bundanoon and installed 3 phase into the garage for awesome charging.
5: Waiting this long for a car without going insane!

Hmmm. Starting to go insane.... Never waited this long for anything, let alone a car.!! Not a patient person at the best of times. One of those instant gratification types, I am. Main achievement, then, is actually waiting as long as I have, and still staying married!!

Hmmm. Starting to go insane.... Never waited this long for anything, let alone a car.!! Not a patient person at the best of times. One of those instant gratification types, I am. Main achievement, then, is actually waiting as long as I have, and still staying married!!
I can relate to that. I have never waited this long for anything that I've decided to buy in my life - other than saving up to buy a house years ago.

Since deciding that my next car would be electric - after seeing the roadster in 2008
- worked for 3 companies
- built a garage

Since putting the deposit on the Model S
- Saved more than the total purchase price to pay for it
- Travelled to Europe on holidays twice, Carins twice as well!
- repainted half of the house
- rewired the garage ready for the charger
- bought 2 new watches
- upgraded phones 3 times
- upgraded my iPad, macbook & wifes iPad
- gone more grey
- watched my nephew finish school and his first year of university
- bought another motorcycle to rebuild for fun
- put more than 45,000km on my current vehicles
- renovated the bathroom

it really has been a long time.

wow great thread.

1. Saw the Northern Lights
2. Dog sled in the Arctic Circle
3. Went to Copenhagen to see the Model S
4. Started businesses around the electric car, and realised that I should in future only do businesses that actually make a difference to society
5. Submitted my first multi-res property development plans to Council.

What's your top 5??

Don't you think #1 might have happened anyway? :D
I haven't even ordered yet (might be a long way off too if Tesla's plans to not supply NZ remains unchanged) but managed to become a grandfather for the first time, on Monday.

Funnily enough I've seen these sort of threads on owners clubs of low volume exclusive cars where order to build time is +12 months. It's always worth the wait. :)

This is why i won't buy a model s Miss 3.5 and miss 1.5 break everything.... I can't have a car that costs so much money and have them scratch the paintwork or spill drinks or that bloody soft cheese stuff. obviously your a much more relaxed person than I am.

This is why i won't buy a model s Miss 3.5 and miss 1.5 break everything.... I can't have a car that costs so much money and have them scratch the paintwork or spill drinks or that bloody soft cheese stuff. obviously your a much more relaxed person than I am.

It only ends up as soft cheese if you leave the milk bottles that rolled under the seat for a few weeks...