Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wickenburg supercharger blocked by dumpster!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This really sucks. Supercharger nearly
completely blocked on holiday weekend!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 861
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 693
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 688
That's bad.
A couple of things I do know, and a bunch of things I don't know:

1. Wickenburg got utterly whalloped by a monsoon a couple of days ago; it really tore up the downtown badly - for the second time this summer. As in the photo, there are tree clean-up limbs in that dumpster.
2. Sickles sold Sickles Sanitation earlier this year. I do NOT know when the new owners take/took over, or whether they plan/ned to keep that name.
3. It is extremely likely that SS delivered that dumpster to the Town Hall parking lot under the direct or indirect direction of the Town Manager or its Director of Public Works, in order to assist with a really bad clean-up job. I've just sent an email to the DPW....but it's now almost 6pm in Arizona and I've no idea if he sees "work" email after hours....
4. I took a SS driver out for a Tesla-spin last April - whichever driver dumped it there had better not have been that guy!!!!!
5. FOR ALL: any time there is an issue - sure hope nothing like this happens again!!!! - please note that the Police Dep't is located in the back of that building (again, it's the Town Hall). It might be a good first step for anyone to wander over there and - very politely! - mention what is going on.

Sure hope this is taken care of, pronto....

Have a great holiday weekend, everyone. We're expecting snow tonight and tomorrow morning....got our first "termination dust" a few days ago.... not kidding!

Last edited:
That's bad.
A couple of things I do know, and a bunch of things I don't know:

1. Wickenburg got utterly whalloped by a monsoon a couple of days ago; it really tore up the downtown badly - for the second time this summer. As in the photo, there are tree clean-up limbs in that dumpster.
2. Sickles sold Sickles Sanitation earlier this year. I do NOT know when the new owners take/took over, or whether they plan/ned to keep that name.
3. It is extremely likely that SS delivered that dumpster to the Town Hall parking lot under the direct or indirect direction of the Town Manager or its Director of Public Works, in order to assist with a really bad clean-up job. I've just sent an email to the DPW....but it's now almost 6pm in Arizona and I've no idea if he sees "work" email after hours....
4. FOR ALL: any time there is an issue - sure hope nothing like this happens again!!!! - please note that the Police Dep't is located in the back of that building (again, it's the Town Hall). It might be a good first step for anyone to wander over there and - very politely! - mention what is going on.

Sure hope this is taken care of, pronto....

Have a great holiday weekend, everyone. We're expecting snow tonight and tomorrow morning....got our first "termination dust" a few days ago.... not kidding!

It looks like they had other options for where they placed that dumpster in the lot. There was no need to block anything.

Sickles may have sold the company, but the new company appears to have also purchased the phone number and name. If you go to their 'about us' page, it tells that they purchased the company. Sickles Santitation You can also email them here: Sickles Santitation and visit the parent company to leave feedback here: CRR Waste Services

New corporate owner - pretty big operation throughout southern California - has a wonderfully helpful "Contact Us" message on their number for after-hours: "If this is an emergency, please dial 9-1-1".
Holy moly!

- - - Updated - - -

Quick response!
Got this reply right away from the Director of Public Works:

I will see what can be done, this week we had a very bad storm and actually had the large mesquite fall onto one of the charge stations. I am out of Town right now so not sure if the tree had been removed. I will check with the Parks crew.
Anyway you could comment on the Tesla site about why the bin is there? I have been in touch with Tesla twice this week and they are coming out to make their repairs as well.

- - - Updated - - -

And yet more response from the DPW:

Thanks, I'm having difficulty getting a hold of Sickles to move the container (it's 6:15pm) but will see if I can reach someone tomorrow. Tesla has been very responsive and great to work with through this whole process.

The downed trees are cleaned up, the chargers look perfect, the dumpster is full.
it should not be left sitting there! Really only 2 of 6 stalls useable right now. Perhaps 3 if someone really
wants to snuggle their model S with the big old steel dumpster.
Really not a good situation on a holiday weekend and lots of traffic and no other possibility to charge.
Not even a level 2 in Wickenburg.

Still blocked today, and 1A/1B are out but no problem getting 300+Amp from 3b. So basically there are two stalls both accessible and working - I just wouldn't hold a drive-in too soon. Yes, there is plenty of space for a dumpster across from the chargers, but oh well they plopped it here.

Stupid-Butt dumpster!!

photo (2).JPG