Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NJ Insurance Quote

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tantantheman

not part of the mod squad
Jul 3, 2014
Warren, NJ
So our Allstate agent just emailed us back with an add-car quote (there's supposedly a multi-car discount applied) and our Model S is quoted at 1200 per 6 months.

I have read a few posts around the forums, and since this is such a mixed topic I was just wondering if this was reasonable. If it is, then we will probably stick around with Allstate (NJ), but if it is considered highway robbery to the people in this forum then we might think about switching.

I think it is quite weird that it is this high, as our soon-to-be-built Model S is an S85 and not even a P85.

So our Allstate agent just emailed us back with an add-car quote (there's supposedly a multi-car discount applied) and our Model S is quoted at 1200 per 6 months.

I have read a few posts around the forums, and since this is such a mixed topic I was just wondering if this was reasonable. If it is, then we will probably stick around with Allstate (NJ), but if it is considered highway robbery to the people in this forum then we might think about switching.

I think it is quite weird that it is this high, as our soon-to-be-built Model S is an S85 and not even a P85.

That's more than double what I pay in NJ. Shop around.

That's more than double what I pay in NJ. Shop around.

ditto. that quote is double what I pay too. FWIW I was with Allstate before I bought my MS. When I bought my MS and got a quote from Allstate for adding it to my existing policy, I laughed and immediately started calling lots of other insurance companies. Geico & State Farm are also really absurdly high. State farm was by far the worst. Almost 3-4x what I pay now from Progressive. Progressive was the best price I came across. And that's with a $250 deductible with Progressive and a $500k umbrella policy whereas everyone else was like $500 or $750 deductible with like $100/300/100 coverage. And still progressive was like half their price. The choice was very easy. I haven't found better prices for more coverage than Progressive in NJ.

Good luck getting progressive to actually pay. There are a bunch of people on here with active fights.

I'm paying $750/6-month 1M/1M/500K 1k deduct on Allstate. I just shopped around and Allstate turned out to be competitive. Several carriers wouldn't even cover the MS.

I have USAA. Great company, have homeowners and umbrella with them as well. $1M/$1M/$250. $1k deductible. Clean record, multi-car. Pay just under $1,700/yr. Would be about $100 less but have a teenage driver who theoretically could get the keys to the car. Of course should that happen said teenager will never get keys to any car in this household.