Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who knows how to take out this dashboard part (see pic)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I'm in the process of making a prettier usb connection for the radio, and I'm planning to put it either underneath the console (opposite of the shift-buttons), or near the diagnostics + 12V ports. See where the arrow is pointing.
dash.png

I opened up some screws there, but was not able to get any of the panels out. Who can tell me how to do this? Or show me a drawing of the insides.

I'm planning to put this there:
Dashboard-Flush-Mount.jpg

I might even change the orange light above the storage bin there as well while I'm at it.:cool:

Thanks in advance for helping out!

Hi all,

I'm in the process of making a prettier usb connection for the radio, and I'm planning to put it either underneath the console (opposite of the shift-buttons), or near the diagnostics + 12V ports. See where the arrow is pointing.
[

I am describing this from memory so apologies if I do not get everything exactly correct. But here is the gist of it.

To take out the center console so that you can flip it over, get inside it, run wires through it and do whatever you want with it:

• There is one hex screw under the rubber piece at the rear where the iPod or MP3 player would rest. Remove that hex screw.
  • That little tray with the traction control button and the seat heater buttons will then lift out straight up revealing another hex screw/bolt that is underneath the tray pointing toward the rear. Remove that screw/bolt.
  • At the very front of the console underneath the two front sides are two very large hex head bolts that screw upward into the dash. You will need a screwdriver with the correct hex head to reach up there and unscrew these two hex bolts. It takes some reaching around to find these two bolts (put your fingers up there and it will take time but you will find them). Once you find them, you will have to get a feel for taking them out (and then putting them back in ).
  • Now the entire center console should pop out with only wires holding it to the rest of the dash. At this point, the screws holding on the plate on the bottom of the console can be removed as the console can be flipped over.
When the center console is unfastened, it becomes obvious as to how to remove the tray underneath if you have any desire to do that. Hope this is helpful.