Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging Station at Calabogie Motorsports Park - Tesla Motors Really Comes Through!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Doug_G

Lead Moderator
Global Moderator
Apr 2, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Update: Tesla Motors is donating equipment!

We've been wanting a high power charging station at Calabogie Motorsports Park for years now. It now looks possible. But we need people to sponsor the charger.

Calabogie is an awesome 5 km track, located in a beautiful forest setting. It is a challenging track with lots of elevation changes and 20 corners. The facilities are modern; in fact they're still putting up buildings and adding on new elements to the track.

If you'd like to run a race track in your Model S or Roadster, then help make it happen. I've only been able to run the track briefly a couple of times, thanks to a friend who let me recharge at his nearby cabin. But to really run this track we need onsite charging.

We need about $2k for a high power charging station. If you are interested in supporting a charging station at Calabogie, please PM me.

10537440_897546650259347_3061052693326744714_n.jpg

attachment.jpg

10536234_908252985855380_2011863531508167723_o.jpg

14533969334_204f716936_o_zps405be251.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had my S around the track. Basically I'd go a couple of laps, then return to the pits for 5-10 minutes then repeat. It cools down much faster than the Roadster in my experience.

If you have track experience then the 1morelap evening lapping events are the way to go. It's a two hour open lapping format, so you can go on and off as you require, without worrying about run groups.

I haven't been on TMC for a while so it is great to see what's going on with Calabogie. I went up last year for a morning and managed to get out three times for 10-15 minutes or so each time. Really had to pay attention to my range and drive slowly there and back. I'm willing to help out in any way if needed.

I'll let you know. The garage that was built last year was prewired for a charging station, but not sure of the details. I'm trying to arrange for an A/B switch to select between Model S and Roadster, so we can have one of each. Hoping for 70A-80A but depending on site power it may only be 40A. Stay tuned.