Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Charlotte Service Center / Showroom

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

pgiralt

Supporting Member
Jun 16, 2013
Cary, NC
I think I found the permit for the Charlotte service center. Wasn't there a few days ago. Was hoping I'd find the permit for the Charlotte area supercharger, but I guess having a few HPWC's around would be helpful:

The address appears to be:

9140 E INDEPENDENCE BLVD
Matthews, NC 28105

Looking at Google street view, it looks like it's this building (for sale sign is a good sign that this is the building)

Screen Shot 2014-08-27 at 11.06.00 PM.png

Looks like a fairly large building. Definitely seems larger than the current Raleigh service center.

I think it's unlikely the supercharger will be here. The permit says the name of the project is "TESLA CHARLOTTE SERVICE & SALES" and this would be a terrible location for a supercharger. My guess is somewhere off of I-85. If I had to guess, probably somewhere in Concord Mills.

Go here:

WebPermit 6.3.0.5 - Search by Project

If you search for TESLA you will find the latest project. If you search for %TESLA you will see the old original planned location and the new one. Looks like they have not actually pulled any permits for the new location yet, but this showed up in the system just a couple of weeks ago, so I'm not sure exactly what the whole process is.

Drove by this location tonight, the lights are on, but nothing has changed outside. The building still has the Queen City sign on it and the For Lease sign out front is still up.
Still looks pretty much like the Google StreetView image.

Wonder if they chose this location partly because it is next door to the local (only I believe) Audi dealer. When it is open, every Audi customer will have to swing by Tesla to check it out.

Is there anyone in the area who can take a look to see if work is actually underway? It's hard to tell from the permit system whether they are really still waiting on someone or not.
I drive by the location at least once a week, there is nothing going on, even the lights (inside/out) are off now. But the for lease sign out front is still there.
As mentioned above, until the permits are issued, nothing will move.