Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I think this is a sign - Tesla proposes enormous sign outside Fremont factory

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not their best effort.
Screen Shot 2014-08-27 at 11.13.28 PM.png

Not sure how your question relates to this topic, but the answer is "not in any significant way".

The proposed sign is only 40 ft. high, not tall enough to interfere with planes flying over. The main factory building must be at least 150 ft. tall.

I think the nature of the question is more like "are the prevailing flight paths close enough, and the sign big enough, for business people flying by to read the sign" :)

Not sure how I feel about this, big is not necessarily better and I would rather Tesla be more aware of its environment. Why do they need such a Hugh electrified sign.

They don't need, they want to promote the brand. That is the whole point of signage.

Tesla is aware of its environment. The proposed signage is not in a National Park nor residential zone. It is in an industrial zone.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the nature of the question is more like "are the prevailing flight paths close enough, and the sign big enough, for business people flying by to read the sign" :)

Plus 1

It was just the other day Elon said that "we can drive up demand at will."

If this is Tesla driving up demand, well, we should worry. This is bone-headed. Tacky. Ugly. Wow, I just can't believe they'd stoop to something like this. Like Merrill just said, low key and subtle is the brand -- quiet and Ninja-like like the car. Not big and obnoxious and blocking views.

Besides, you know what will happen -- you know what will get all over social media the SECOND it happens -- a storm or stiff breeze will come one day and blow the sign right down, and the only thing the media and the pundits and social media will be talking about is the Tesla sign was knocked down...

It was just the other day Elon said that "we can drive up demand at will."

If this is Tesla driving up demand, well, we should worry. This is bone-headed. Tacky. Ugly. Wow, I just can't believe they'd stoop to something like this. Like Merrill just said, low key and subtle is the brand -- quiet and Ninja-like like the car. Not big and obnoxious and blocking views.

Besides, you know what will happen -- you know what will get all over social media the SECOND it happens -- a storm or stiff breeze will come one day and blow the sign right down, and the only thing the media and the pundits and social media will be talking about is the Tesla sign was knocked down...

Has Tesla done anything bone-headed, tacky, and ugly thus far? I will withhold judgement until I see the final design.