Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DELRAY BEACH, FL to PHILADELPHIA, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Left Delray Beach, FL Saturday August 16. Drove to Rocky Mt, NC. Drove Rocky Mt to Philly on Sunday August 17. Returned Sunday August 24. Drove to Santee, SC. Drove Santee to Delray Beach on Monday August 25. Used evtripplaner. Some of the directions upon exiting I-95 are incorrect so followed in-car nav, which is perfect. Never encountered more than 3 other Model S at any charger. All worked perfectly. Double Tree hotel in Rocky Mt is great, charger is in parking lot. Holiday Inn Express in Santee, SC is barely 2 star. Might try the Clark Inn, where charger is in parking lot. Holiday Inn is across the street. Traffic between Richmond, VA and Baltimore, MD is a nightmare, both ways. Otherwise no problems. Total of 2400 miles. Used 307Wh/mi at average speed of 72 mph. The Model S is a fantastic car, but the number of stops and length of charge times adds 4 hours to the trip each way. Total travel time was almost 24 hours in each direction. Attached is spreadsheet of travel miles, charge times, etc.

Attachments

• Delray to Philadelphia Round Trip.xls
    19 KB · Views: 131
It technically doesn't ADD 4 hours to the trip. Even with an ICE, you need to stop to eat, buy gas, and take bathroom breaks. I have to assume that you ate and/or took bathroom breaks during part of your charging time. I would venture to guess at least half of the charge time was multi- tasked....probably more.