Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting prepared for the delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all:

I am getting things ready for delivery in first week of October.

a. Electrician is going to install NEMA 14-50 outlet this week...costs me $300 since the electric panel and outlet is less than 5 feet away.

b. Pre-approved from Alliant Credit Union.

Questions:

Since I live in Texas I believe Dallas service center will install front license plate as well.

Did anybody order chrome license plate frame ? How do they look on a Silver color?

I am thinking of buying organizer for UMC but then I saw a post where a user mentioned to get a HPWC organizer instead?

I want to paint the garage door "red" to match TESLA and also paint logo of TESLA.. Any suggestions of what kind of red to pick?

Thanks

Tesla will install the plate or not, as you request. As you may know, front plate tickets are rare in Texas, but it's up to you if you want to take the risk.

The important thing is not to let the UMC hang from the plug. There are various ways to do that, from manufactured UMC holders, to simple bicycle water cages. It's also important to keep the cable off the floor, as it's a safety hazard. the HPWC cable organizer helps with that.

Can't help you with the color or frame.

Get ready to have the Tesla Crease is your frunk, just as soon as someone who is not specially trained tried to closet he hood. Of course, you can join the brewing class action lawsuit on this afterwards. We are all crazy to have bought such an expensive car with such a flaw!

Get ready to have the Tesla Crease is your frunk, just as soon as someone who is not specially trained tried to closet he hood. Of course, you can join the brewing class action lawsuit on this afterwards. We are all crazy to have bought such an expensive car with such a flaw!

LaJolla: I read your posts regarding the Frunk and initially I did not understand until I read your posts.

I certainly sympathize with what happened to you. I sure will be careful and inspect the Frunk. When I first brought the idea of buying MS, my wife's comment were:

a. How come such expensive car does not have collision alert, lane departure warning and people complaining about the cup holders

Now I know that I will add the frunk as areas that TESLA can work on:

I sincerely hope TESLA will get back to you and other owners who are experiencing such issue and fix the issue.

Please keep us posted.

Watch out for the plug install. I had the recommended installer in Dallas to an install last week and it ran to quite a bit more than $300. My box was filled up and not up to current code, and so it required a new electrical box, which required a permit, etc. etc. If you have any concerns, I can follow up by PM.

Regarding front license plate, I'm still debating whether or not to have a bracket installed.

Also, let's meet up in Dallas once we get our cars!

Watch out for the plug install. I had the recommended installer in Dallas to an install last week and it ran to quite a bit more than $300. My box was filled up and not up to current code, and so it required a new electrical box, which required a permit, etc. etc. If you have any concerns, I can follow up by PM.

Regarding front license plate, I'm still debating whether or not to have a bracket installed.

Also, let's meet up in Dallas once we get our cars!

I messaged you

I haven't put a front plate on any car I've owned in the 25 years I've been in north Texas and haven't received a ticket for it yet (knock on wood). Even when I was ticketed for other reasons (back in my youth; I'd never exceed the speed limit now that I'm a mature adult :rolleyes:), the missing front plate was never mentioned.

I was very adamant when communicating with the SC that they were not to install the front plate. I don't even remember where I put it.

Let me know when you're coming to Dallas and I'll see if I can join the get together. I occasionally travel to Tyler on business and am happy to make acquaintances in case I need a quick charge to make it home. And, as always, my 80 amp HPWC is available for your Tyler to Dallas trips.

On, and if it's possible and cost effective, you may want to consider having the electrician install a breaker and run lines for a 100 amp HPWC at the same time. I did that when I had my 14-50 installed just in case I wanted an HPWC later, which I did. Since the electrician had done all the real work, it was a trivial matter to install the HPWC later.

I haven't put a front plate on any car I've owned in the 25 years I've been in north Texas and haven't received a ticket for it yet (knock on wood). Even when I was ticketed for other reasons (back in my youth; I'd never exceed the speed limit now that I'm a mature adult :rolleyes:), the missing front plate was never mentioned.

I was very adamant when communicating with the SC that they were not to install the front plate. I don't even remember where I put it.

Let me know when you're coming to Dallas and I'll see if I can join the get together. I occasionally travel to Tyler on business and am happy to make acquaintances in case I need a quick charge to make it home. And, as always, my 80 amp HPWC is available for your Tyler to Dallas trips.

On, and if it's possible and cost effective, you may want to consider having the electrician install a breaker and run lines for a 100 amp HPWC at the same time. I did that when I had my 14-50 installed just in case I wanted an HPWC later, which I did. Since the electrician had done all the real work, it was a trivial matter to install the HPWC later.

Thanks Rocky

I did ask the electrician to run line for 100amp for the future.

You sure can charge at my home when you travel to Tyler. I am looking forward to my delivery..just got an email saying it will be last week of September..

Did you install any surge protector ?

I might get my front license plate installed...Don't want $200 tickets...There are lots of state troopers that I see every day