Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Body shop for eco-hitch install?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

cinergi

Sep 17, 2010
MA
Anyone in the area had the eco-hitch installed (and happy with it) by a local body shop? It's more work than I'd like to do by myself but I don't want to trust a random shop with no experience to it ... looking for suggestions. Thanks!

Ben - Watertown SC installed mine, did a nice job, and only charged me for an hour at $175. Are they not allowed to do them anymore?

I didn't bother asking because I know they're booked out at least a month for non-emergency service items. They're listed as an authorized installer. Torklift PM'ed me and I'm working on securing another authorized shop. I'll post when I have more.
Thanks Peter!

I pick up my MS Oct 3rd and have already bought the EcoHitch and Wipbars. I called Watertown yesterday asking if the would install the EcoHitch and they said no. The woman I spoke with stated they had previously but when headquarters found out they were told to stop.

I'll be installing mine myself.

I pick up my MS Oct 3rd and have already bought the EcoHitch and Wipbars. I called Watertown yesterday asking if the would install the EcoHitch and they said no. The woman I spoke with stated they had previously but when headquarters found out they were told to stop.

I'll be installing mine myself.

From some of the posts I've seen about other SCs declining to install, I had a feeling HQ was telling them not to.