Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service wait time on park assist problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my '14 MS 85 had a "parking assist defected" light showed up yesterday. Call service in Sunnyvale and was told to reset the computer on odometer and screen. I did that and the "park assist defected" still there. Service said that can only get me in after Oct. 1.. that's like more than a month away.. Are they that busy? I am #1400 something for the model X and now knowing that they are they back up.. seriously?? Now you know that the model x definitely going to have some problems.... Am I going to have to wait a month????? hmm...

Non-emergency visits do seem to usually have a month or so wait. Call one of the other half dozen SCs in the area to see if they can get you in sooner if you need to (Santana Row, Fremont, Palo Alto, etc.).

Not sure what your problem has to do with the Model X, though.

I was just surprised to hear that it's a month or so that's why.. plus before the light come on.. the car didn't start and when it did .. i drove it to a lunch meeting with a black screen. Then reset the car after the meeting in the parking lot of the restaurant.
Anyways, just a rant about the wait. Btw, when i call tech.. they direct me to sunnyvale.. next time i ll call around.. santana row doing service?
As of the X, I am crossing my fingers that it doesn't have the still problems as the early model s.. "minor problems"

Non-emergency visits do seem to usually have a month or so wait. Call one of the other half dozen SCs in the area to see if they can get you in sooner if you need to (Santana Row, Fremont, Palo Alto, etc.).

Not sure what your problem has to do with the Model X, though.

Should I worry?

Wait times are long already and Tesla is now making more cars than ever? next year will pretty much double the fleet of S' and get X's out oo

That would make sense if Tesla wasn't expanding capacity of the SCs in line with sales. The wait at the SC was a month when I got my car, and there's 3x more Teslas on the road and the wait is still a month. That tells me there's either fewer issues (in the fleet, not per car) or the SCs are growing/getting more efficient. And I doubt it's the former.

I was just surprised to hear that it's a month or so that's why.. plus before the light come on.. the car didn't start and when it did .. i drove it to a lunch meeting with a black screen. Then reset the car after the meeting in the parking lot of the restaurant.
Anyways, just a rant about the wait. Btw, when i call tech.. they direct me to sunnyvale.. next time i ll call around.. santana row doing service?
As of the X, I am crossing my fingers that it doesn't have the still problems as the early model s.. "minor problems"

You can call the SC directly if you like. No need to coordinate through corporate unless you're in TX.

That said, if the car wouldn't turn on, I'd argue that's a serious issue that needs high priority attention. I'd definitely plead your case with an SC directly. They can usually fit you in.

So my '14 MS 85 had a "parking assist defected" light showed up yesterday. Call service in Sunnyvale and was told to reset the computer on odometer and screen. I did that and the "park assist defected" still there. Service said that can only get me in after Oct. 1.. that's like more than a month away..
Does this error indicate a problem with your parking sensors? If so, it is probably seen by the SC as a noncritical error, and not something that need immediate attention.

Are they that busy?
Bellevue WA SC doesn't seem this backed up. Each time I've contacted mine, my problems (rotor hum, fishtailing, 12V relay, Rekeyed BCM) have been resolved the same day.

I am #1400 something for the model X and now knowing that they are they back up.. seriously?? Now you know that the model x definitely going to have some problems.... Am I going to have to wait a month????? hmm...
This seems like a reach to apply your current problem to a future vehicle's perfomance, but I can understand where you are going with this: More vehicles and the same number of SCs means longer wait times for repair. It also means Tesla may be more proactive in getting more SCs online.

I am in Los Angeles and have brought my car in twice for non-emergency repairs and never had to wait more than a day or two to get an appointmement and Tesla loaner.

We were visiting LA and had a problem with my daughter's 110V line. I called the 800 number on Saturday, the Santa Monica Blvd SC guy called me within one hour and saw me the following Monday. By then, everything was charging fine and they still checked it out, while I took advantage of their free munchies (big packages of chips, cookies) and sodas - better than Fremont's junk food.

So I got a message back for SC (sunnyvale) stating that they can get me in Sept. 15. after I told them that if they call check if SC will take me in sooner. but someone will call me to schedule a time. Still haven't got that call yet . Good news is that the Parking Assist light is off after 10mins of driving today. But I can't change stations/tracks w/ the left button on steering wheel. Finally, I did a hard reset again.. now everything is working fine… I don't know if I should still bring it in.
But still, it seems to me that to get in to SC is such a pain in the butt… sorry but I never have to deal w/ such wait at ICE Stealership regard if it's a light defect or mechanical failure.
As for the Model X, my wife will be driving it and she will nag til my ears bleed if SC is a month or more to turn off a defect light or any problem… I am more concern for myself than the future car. :eek:

I had to wait for almost 2 months for my yearly maintenance. Oh and then someone screwed up the appointment and I got put off another 2 weeks. Thankfully I called to check a few days before. There was apparently nothing they could do to make my original appointment right. BTW, this is at Fremont.

Rockville MD has a long wait as well -- I think the wait for a Model S loaner is 6+ weeks, or at least it was a month or two ago. And unfortunately it appears to have a huge area to serve -- most if not all of MD, lots of VA, and I think parts of DE, PA, and WV as well.

The good news is they still make time for urgent matters. (I had a suspension issue shortly before a trip to NJ and they took care of it with one day notice. It turns out I probably would've been safe on the trip, but it sure didn't sound like it when I called them, and they made the decision to fix it before I left even though it probably screwed up their schedule. Very much appreciated.)

As great as the Rockville folks have been to me, I'm very much looking forward to the Fairfax/Tysons VA service center opening, and hopefully some others in the surrounding metro areas as well to take some of the load off the DC-area service centers. (Pittsburgh? Harrisburg? Richmond? Norfolk?)

While I have had minimal reasons to visit an SC I have never found a problem with wait times. I use Norristown/Devon Pa.. I believe most Delawareans and Eastern PA people use this site and not Rockville, MD.