Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fly in my Taillight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two questions came to mind when I found this little guy: How did he get there and how do I get him out! lol

20140825_100517_resized.jpg

Two questions came to mind when I found this little guy: How did he get there and how do I get him out! lol

View attachment 57579

I had a dead spider in my tail light when I took my car in for drive unit noise last year so I asked if they could remove the spider while they fixed the other issues (I assume there is some sort of hidden vent hole to keep condensation from building up in the tail light and the spider used the vent hole to sneak in). Here is the description of how they removed the dead spider:

Concern: Customer states that in the right side inner tail light lens there is a spider inside.
Cause: Dead spider inside right side inner tail light assembly.
Correction: Light - Fog/Reverse - Rear - RH
Removed inner tail lamp assembly and used compressed air to remove spider carcass.
Part Qty
LAMP ASY - L/Gate TAIL B/U - SAE (RH) 1.00 (6005924-00-C)
APPLIQUE TAPE, RH (1021608-00-A) 1.00
Pay Type: Warranty

• Funny
Reactions: KidDoc
I had a mosquito in there once. They blew it out with compressed air, and of course had to reapply the applique. Seemed like a lot of effort. I'm hoping that more recent builds have a fix for this, and that they're sealing older builds as needed to prevent this in the future.