Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sleeping toddler in 3-rd row

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all
Now that my 5yo boy moved to jump seat in the back, he's having a hard time sleeping
Seats are not as reclined nor comfortable as your regular car seats.
He's head always "hangs" when he fall asleep
What are you guys using for head/neck support?
What works the best to get comfortable sleep?

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    319.6 KB · Views: 706
There are a number of toddler/infant neck pillows, quite similar to those used by adults when traveling. One of those might be the solution. A quick search online should produce a number of suitable candidates. Since they're designed to fit within the harnesses of traditional car seats, they should also fit in the Tesla rear facing seats.

Well, i did some research, but it might take a few tries before i figure what works the best

Amazon.com : Skip Hop Zoo Neck Rest, Owl : Kids Neck Pillow : Baby
Amazon.com : Jolly Jumper Sleep Time Neck Ring Child Head Support Pillow - Assorted Colors : Car Seat Head Positioning Pillows : Baby
Amazon.com : ToddlerCoddler Toddler Head Support System in Camel : Child Safety Car Seat Accessories : Baby
Amazon.com : Summer Infant Moisture Wicking Cradler, Black : Car Seat Head Positioning Pillows : Baby

However, it fascinates me how smart people on this forum are (or Tesla owners in general :) ) and i'm sure the best solution already exists
So i'd like to pickup some ideas from owners who solved this problem

I'm just amazed that you still keep your (Monroney) window sticker in the car! And your sig says you have the Sound Studio option, so I'm even more confused about why you keep it on that side of the trunk!

Hello all
Now that my 5yo boy moved to jump seat in the back, he's having a hard time sleeping
Seats are not as reclined nor comfortable as your regular car seats.
He's head always "hangs" when he fall asleep
What are you guys using for head/neck support?
What works the best to get comfortable sleep?

so not to be telling you how strap your little guy in, but the top straps should be pulled down against the top of his shoulders. If you do that I think it'll help keep him a little bit more comfortable and also will give his head something to rest against when he falls asleep. Sort of like when he'd be in his so upright booster using the seat belt.

It is always in its lowest position
Top picture was from testdrive, dont mind that please
Just wanted to show what his head looks like after one-hour drive
Seats are so upright, it's almost impossible for kid to rest his head on anything

Anyone tried different cushions?