Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Open Letter to Elon Musk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do I feel about it? Well, they did it and more power to them. Too many people criticize things and too few actually do something about changing it.

Bottom line: Not what I would have done or how I would have gone about it, but it mattered to them and so they did something about it. Kudos.

I think the ad was just fine. Not the way I would have approached things but the very fact that Elon Musk had recognized this ad means the couple did get attention and won..

I agree with Bonnie ...too many people criticize

But I applaud

Of course Elon says they may incorporate some of the ideas in the letter, but this was hardly the first time Tesla has heard of these common ideas and the letter is unlikely to have done anything except give Tesla some free publicity.

Of the seven changes they ask for, only two are software related that would apply to their cars. All of the other changes would require them to purchase a new model once those changes are made. But perhaps they are just doing this for future owners. All good suggestions but strange way of going about making the request. Maybe it's a disgruntled design team employee whose keeps getting neglected in staff meetings?

Elon says YES to most feature requests. At the risk of sounding too negative, what really matters is WHEN those features actually get delivered. At the rate they are going, most people will have gone through the larger portion of their ownership before even some of the most popular requests having the Elon nod actually get out.

Auto-closing the charge port door feels a bit frivolous and adds another thing that could break. I'd put that one very low on the list.

Yeah, I didn't quite understand that request. Will it have the little charge cord fairies come out and unplug and stow the cable too? Otherwise, are we not standing there and can we not simply close the little flap? I guess if you are busy showing off the cool mobile app that opens the charge port then you need something working remotely to close it.

Just as expected, Bloomberg's Cory Johnson does not waste this opportunity to take potshots at Tesla.

"Listen... this is company with just one model, whose sales are flat or going down and has no plans for the next model, with lots of quality issues.. blah blah blah blah..."

Elon Musk to Model 'S' Complainers: You're Right

I liked the host complaining about "the ridiculous way they report". Pretty standard lease accounting with the absence of a dealership a model. Didn't get the comparison between deliveries and lease sales either. They are prolly mad that Tesla doesn't give out reservation numbers anymore to make their jobs easier.

Yeah, I didn't quite understand that request. Will it have the little charge cord fairies come out and unplug and stow the cable too? Otherwise, are we not standing there and can we not simply close the little flap? I guess if you are busy showing off the cool mobile app that opens the charge port then you need something working remotely to close it.

To be fair, I occasionally forget to close the charge port after unplugging. So this feature would be appreciated, but it's definitely not high on my list.

To be fair, I occasionally forget to close the charge port after unplugging. So this feature would be appreciated, but it's definitely not high on my list.

With all the posts about hood creases, I would prefer an automatic frunk closure before an automated charge port. I also personally like the low profile sun visors. I don't want two gigantic sun shields--sometimes depending on the position of the sun, the visors are worthless anyway--that's what sunglasses are for. I just feel that these requests were personal requests and not reflective of the general Model S population. Granted, they spent their money and put the ad out which they're entitled to--I guess it's more the media...

Cup Holder, and Visor fix. :crying:

IMG_2563.JPG
IMG_2564.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: