Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 0-60 sub 4s?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah. Sorry, looking at it on my iPhone. Impressive! I wonder if this is something they are saying could be possible with their technology not just what Tesla is going to do this year. Good find.

To be clear, though slide 9 DOES have a picture of a Model S on it, the skateboard is clearly the Model X skateboard (both a rear and front motor in the picture). Of course, the person assembling the slide might have grabbed the wrong picture, and they could be referring to the 3.9s 0-60 time tested by Motor Trend.

But heck, as long as we're having fun making stuff up while we're waiting for real information from Tesla about the Model X, this is a meatier scrap than average.

Then again, there was at least 1 point in time where Tesla was claiming on the Model X page, that the second motor would enabled AT LEAST 50% more torque. 50% more torque on a 20% heavier vehicle - I figure the 0-60 time is coming down, not going up.

Somewhere in the official TESLA model X specs released onto the net there was a number given of 4.4 seconds for its 0 to 60 time. That was a while ago and probably did not consider a high performance version of the X. It is reasonable to expect an even lower time if a performance version is released. I cannot recall the location of the information, but I'm pretty sure that I saw it.

Model X Performance accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in less than 5 seconds
Model X | Tesla Motors

- - - Updated - - -

To be clear, though slide 9 DOES have a picture of a Model S on it, the skateboard is clearly the Model X skateboard (both a rear and front motor in the picture).
Incorrect.

Correcting...
To be clear, though slide 9 DOES have a picture of a Model S on it, the skateboard is clearly a dual-motor skateboard (both a rear and front motor in the picture).

Some are making the leap that a dual-motor skateboard implies it's a Model X skateboard. I think it's premature to make that leap.

x2scrap.png

Picture above shows the graphic in question.

Video below gives the performance specs.
The zero to sixty acceleration time is given in this YouTube video, the pertinent information starts @7m12secs.
This link should automatically start at the correct time; Tesla Model X SUV - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
Model X | Tesla Motors

- - - Updated - - -

Incorrect.

Correcting...

Some are making the leap that a dual-motor skateboard implies it's a Model X skateboard. I think it's premature to make that leap.

True enough - the only dual motor skateboard/vehicle Tesla has announced is Model X, which will (at least initially), be exclusively AWD. As I also commented when I started the thread, when you're making stuff up while waiting for actual info, it's a slightly thicker thread to hang on by than normally available. It's still making stuff up until actual info is here.

Oh how I want actual information, and not pictures in presentations by third parties on unrelated topics.