Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor You asked and we made it - Triple Chrome Nosecone Grill "NCG"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TSportline

Global Vendor
Love it or hate it, we welcome your input. This is our prototype Triple Chrome Nosecone Grille set.

The grille set is a layover to the existing Tesla nosecone and lower bumper grille.

It has been tested for road noise. The result, none whatsoever after installation.

It has been tested for range reduction. The result, none that we can calculate with a MS with our grille and one MS without our nose cone driving to the same destination and the same mileage.

The main grille attaches to the existing nosecone and requires drilling of 3 pilot holes.

The lower grille attaches to the existing plastic grille and requires NO drilling.

The bumper does have to come off the car for installation and we suggest professional installation at one of our authorized dealers.

Both the nose cone grille and lower bumper grille are sold as a set.

Pricing: tbd in the next week.

NCG-teaser.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting look, but my initial thought was that it won't be easy to keep clean. The grooves around the stock nose cone already tend to collect bug fragments that are not always obvious to remove.

This being said, keep up the good work! Agree that more pictures would likely do it better justice.

Appreciate the effort! Yes, more pictures.

But, I have to admit, I hate the look. Too much bling, especially on the dark car. Why would I want a fake grill?

Painting or CF make sense because they can support a theme on the car (i.e. matching/complimentary paint, or other CF trim).

The grill look, to me, just looks tacky.

Do I "like it?" The King of Unique?
No... I love it but somewhere I think this has been done on a Tesla?
Um, oh ya! And it was the talk of ALL of CES!!!
Time for version 2.0! Let us know when its available 'cause The HUN is camping out, in line!
2010_1_9-CES-LV 009.jpg

Inlining it from the Instagram post:

Wonder if a two-tone look may be better? Go black on the chrome surround all around - so that the emblem will 'pop' too - and keep the mesh part in chrome?!

I agree. Too shiny.

If it were me, I'd consider separating the bundle so that the mesh grill can be bought separately from the bumper grill; since the latter requires the bumper to be removed, that'll likely put off a lot of people that would otherwise consider the mesh nosecone. Would be nice is no holes were needed though...wouldn't 3M VHB be up to the job? I realize it's an aggressive environment, but I still have my laser shifters mounted "temporarily" with VHB, and 18 months later they're still rock solid.