Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

question about 22"s and tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Guys,

I read through all the threads with AE wheels and others about this. I tried to PM some members, but perhaps they are not inactive

I'm looking to go 22" x 9" all around. I'd like to stay as close to the stock sidewall as possible, so I'm thinking
255/30/22 in Front
285/30/22 in Rear (or 275/30/22)

I'm fairly confident the rear will be fine, but I'm a bit worried about the front. Can anyone with this setup chime in? If you are running this, are you running this on Air Suspension - Low?

I have coils, but I'm planning to lower the car with Lolachamp's threaded perches... at the end of the day, I hope to be running on air "low" setting or a bit lower than that.

Thanks

I've been doing the EXACT same research...

I'm looking for 22x9 wheels myself, front and rear, a square set up.

Here is what I've found:

Wheels - HRE uses a 30 offset for a 22x9 wheel in the front and that same wheel can be mounted in the rear.

Tires - Most places have recommended a 265/30/22 for both front and rear if you got with a 9" wide wheel and what a square set up.

Personally I do about 160 miles a day, so I need to have something I can swap and rotate. No matter how careful I am I'm still going to need a lot of rubber, and this 265/30/22 tire is rather cheap in comparison to the 19/21 that Tesla goes with. As for the wheels, I think I'm going with DPE, not sure yet, but it will be a 3pc set up.

Keep me in the loop, I would be interested to see what other people are going with.

@ offset. Please let me know how your project goes. I've decided to go 255/30/22 all around. Was lucky enough to have a member here give me some advice on his setup. He's running the Nitto INVO 255/30/22 all around and his car is lowered with links. So, mine probably won't be as low, but its good to know I should be trouble free with the 255s.

I'd like to run 265s all around for some more rubber, so I'm curious to know if your setup works. Mine is also 9" wide and ET30

Thanks!