Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Made the leap! S85 order placed!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Beyond excited at this moment, Are there any VA owners I could shoot some questions too?

configuration in the image.
xl4s01s.png

Congrats BobbyDucati and R2B! You'll have plenty of time to get everything in perfect shape for your new car!

And, learn from what many of us nearing delivery are experiencing: any delivery date they give you can shift. Make sure any plans you make around that date are as flexible as possible. (I'm not delayed yet, but given all the chatter I'm mentally preparing for one...) There were some unexpected delays happening when I had just ordered so I learned from that and made sure to keep my options as open as possible, so if I am delayed it won't be anything worse than my own personal disappointment at wanting to have it arrive.

Someone warned me the wait would get more intense over time. I wasn't sure I believed them, but, now? Yeah, I believe them! ;-)

Thanks everyone! I just confirmed my order today (order was placed friday 8/22) and i went from a november delivery to december :confused: not what i was expecting when i decided to confirm sooner that i had planned. owell....

Also, this was my first thread post and it seem to take several days to come up, is there a way to change that or do i just need to post more frequently?

iadbound: you arent in the Fairfax area by chance are you?

Thanks everyone! I just confirmed my order today (order was placed friday 8/22) and i went from a november delivery to december :confused: not what i was expecting when i decided to confirm sooner that i had planned. owell....

Also, this was my first thread post and it seem to take several days to come up, is there a way to change that or do i just need to post more frequently?

iadbound: you arent in the Fairfax area by chance are you?

Yes. I'm on the Herndon/Reston line near Fox Mill Dr. There are lots of us from the area on this Board. There is a get together on Sept. 20 that you might want to come to in Bethesda. The details are here: DC metro area get together. Also, feel free to hit me up with questions -- I don't know nearly as much as some here, but I will do what I can!

Yes. I'm on the Herndon/Reston line near Fox Mill Dr. There are lots of us from the area on this Board. There is a get together on Sept. 20 that you might want to come to in Bethesda. The details are here: DC metro area get together. Also, feel free to hit me up with questions -- I don't know nearly as much as some here, but I will do what I can!

thats great to hear, i'm in herndon myself. Someone in the next neighborhood over has a black model S but i havent met him/her. Wonder if they are on here? wouldnt be surprised.

Agreed, lots of VA / metro DC owners on the forums here. I'm in the Arlington / Falls Church / McLean area. Between searching/reading existing threads and posting your questions, you should be able to get great information about all things Tesla here. :)

Welcome and congrats on the order. And yes, I've seen that the forum software automatically puts some initial posts into moderation, to prevent spam and such. As you spend time here and post more, your posts should start appearing instantly and you'll gain access to things like a signature and attaching images.

As for the delay, by now you've probably seen some of the other discussion here on that topic. All I can say is the wait is worth it!