Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are factory specs on Tesla Roadster 2.5 front and rear rims??? Yes, I searched.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TOBASH

Supporting Member
What is factory spacing and what is acceptable limits for non-factory rims?

Need answers front and back.

Others indicate front 6inch wide rim is only a Tesla item, and suggest 7inch is OK. What tire is then good and looks good too? What are maximum width specs on 7inch rims? 205? 175? etc...?

I have read multiple threads and sticky threads here on this BB.

I believe bolt spacing is 110mm. Fronts are 16 inch and rears 17 inch.

Pontiac G6 rims fit rear and not front.

Aside from all that, I have many questions...

What is rim width factory front? (6"?)
What is rim width maximum permissible front?

What is rim width factory rear? (7.5?")
What is rim width maximum permissible rear?

What is factory offset front?
What is maximum/minimum permissible offsets front ?

What is factory offset rear?
What is maximum/minimum permissible offsets rear?

I see some partial numbers but no complete answer all in one place and I'm not sure if Lotus BB is the best source as (as this BB points out) they use 4 bolt rims and might have different spacing and offsets?

I see post #73 in http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...s-and-wheels-Lower-profile-Wider-Taller/page8 , but I don't understand the J's in the numbers in his numbers:

" $450 16x7.0J +42 offset 12.1 lb (normally 5/114.3)
$510 17x7.5J +49 offset 14.9 lb (normally 5/100)"

If I missed a link to the exact numbers please link me, but I only see one and I'm not sure why measurements have a J in them (typo vs some obscure meaning).

I want to go aftermarket rims as I live in NYC and potholes are rampant. I want Summer and Winter tires and I have space for the 3 sets of rims.

I want a rim that is not that expensive, easy to replace, readily available. (Yeah, I want The World).

There is a tire thread, but most of the above information is not there. Excellent tire information there though!

Thanks,

T

EDIT - Thanks marco2228 for explaining the "J" in your post that follows.

Last edited: