Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S as Chauffeur's Car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering if anyone has anything to share about having the Model S as a chauffeur's car (besides the chauffeur being very lucky).
I would love an iPhone app that allows me to control the music/radio from the backseats.

My sister has a chauffeur. The chauffeur is driving us around in our newly delivered Model S. Back in February/March(?) this year when we made deposits to secure the purchase of the Model S, I made a request to Tesla Motors to allow blue tooth keyboard so that the backseat passenger (my sister in this case) can use the 17" screen. Haven't heard from them. Guess I should do a follow up.

My MS is used as a livery (chauffeured) vehicle. The response from clients whom have had the pleasure to ride in it has been tremendous. I've driven people that could buy Tesla (the company) if they wanted (they have that kind of serious money) and they love the vehicle. I've been fortunate enough to drive many celebrities with it too--and these people get driven in a lot of beautiful vehicles all around the world--and the Tesla MS always impresses them. Let's face it--there's nothing like it!

From a driver perspective, the greatest shortfall is the narrow entry into the rear of the cabin. The second greatest shortfall is the lack of drink holders in the rear. I had the Tesla holders installed, but the drinks don't always stay put. :rolleyes:

PM me if you want and we can discuss more in depth.

Generally in the chauffeured industry, the radio/music is off for the duration of the ride. I have gone against this with the MS and put on Smooth Jazz (non-vocal) at level 2 gust because the car is sooooo quiet (almost awkwardly quiet). Everyone I've asked enjoyed it this way.

Now if you're chauffeuring the owner around all the time, I can understand the relevancy of the aforementioned app, but unless that is the case, don't worry about controlling music from the rear. Just my 2 cents.

I am really serious using a Tesla for a Chauffeur's car for my mum. I'm currently paying us$130 for every 4 days gas here in HK. Thinking of 60 Kwh will 18" rims Pana roof. I can really take advantage of the 8 year battery warranty. Since the car will be used non stop. Do you think I will get priority on a second Model S ?