Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Caution! The frunk gets hot.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It also gets cold. I realized early on that things that appreciate climate control need to go in the trunk... which while isn't as direclty conditioned as the regular passenger area, still doesn't suffer the extremes the frunk does.

OTOH: this can some in handy for short trips form the store in the winter to keep your perishables (or beverages!) chilled. :)

I wonder how much effect the color of the car has on the heat-up by the sun ?
Is your car dark colored ?

Pretty sure there is a noticable difference between white and black for the amount of heat absorbed.

We go to Costco often and always make it a point to reserve the frunk only for dry goods and non-perishables that can tolerate the Florida heat. Having a white car may also be beneficial. Don't have to worry about stuff getting frozen.. :biggrin:

Word of advise, never, ever, leave soda in you frunk, all day, and then drive home, with it still in the frunk, on a hot (99 degree) summer day.

On a more positive note, my frunk now smells like cream soda. :O)

This also applies to almost full containers of detergent. On a related note, the black dye on the premium carpet will come off if exposed to detergent and will turn the carpet gray. :(

I'm assuming you were transporting cans.

I would assume that PETE bottles would be just fine.

I hope they were diet, so at least your frunk isn't sticky.

No, they were bottles. Cap came completely off one. But luckily they were diet.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure there is a noticable difference between white and black for the amount of heat absorbed.

My car is Blue.

- - - Updated - - -

Was it a six pack? If so, for a brief while there you could claim you had a 6 cylinder under the hood. :)

4 pack. So it was a 4 cylinder.

The glass is by far the biggest transmitter of heat in a car. Paint colour makes more of a psychological difference. It will be measurable, but not material.