Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X "chatter"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While the singularity is approaching, I have to agree with Bonnie. The baseless speculation will reach fever pitch before we know anything concrete.

LOL. I see the same thing happening with iPhone 6 right now. Every rumor and every spy shot is debated, flamed, and analyzed, sometimes in absurd detail. The Apple faithful are either celebrating wildly with anticipation, or sobbing at the prospect of antenna lines in the rear plate of the phone. Some are cursing everything from the screen resolution (unverified) to Jony Ive and Tim Cook.

I expect Model X rumors to be analyzed in similar detail, minus the cursing and vitriol directed at company leadership.

Just restless chatter, imo. Not possible that it's a sign of imminent news, since no one actually knows anything.

You should have been around while people were waiting for Model S. This is nothing. And it's going to get far far worse yet :).

I'm not so sure about that. When the Model S was about 4 months away there was allot more chatter about it official and non-official. Black badgeless Alphas were spotted doing testing then Tesla put out a video featuring them. But then again Tesla now has a skunkworks facility to keep things more secret (Tesla is the only car company that tests cars indoors).

I'm interested to hear about things like Autopilot and 100kWh batteries.

I'm not so sure about that. When the Model S was about 4 months away there was allot more chatter about it official and non-official. Black badgeless Alphas were spotted doing testing then Tesla put out a video featuring them. But then again Tesla now has a skunkworks facility to keep things more secret (Tesla is the only car company that tests cars indoors).

I'm interested to hear about things like Autopilot and 100kWh batteries.

But no one is spotting anything yet.

No color (some sort of wrap)

no no side mirrors but I couldn't see a camera either.

Did you have to sign some sort of NDA or was this an unplanned thing? There are many people, myself included, that are very interested in any details, noticed changes, seating arrangements, etc that you can provide. Could you summarize what you saw for the benefit of the internets? :)

Did you have to sign some sort of NDA or was this an unplanned thing? There are many people, myself included, that are very interested in any details, noticed changes, seating arrangements, etc that you can provide. Could you summarize what you saw for the benefit of the internets? :)

I just happen to be supercharging in Hawthorne when they were unloading it from the DesignStudio and sending it back up to Fremont. I didn't have a lot of time to look at it because they pulled around and they put it in the truck but I got a chance to talk with some of the Tesla designers and they were very forthcoming but also didn't want too much to be spoiling their big reveal.

[video]http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/1345513/well-we-re-waiting-o.gif[/video]

just thought this was appropriate :) In any event, thanks for any info you can provide... using the word 'glorious' made me assume you had seen a decent amount of the 'new' version of the X.

Some supercharging expansion.

I was excited and should have asked more questions.

Just knowing it exists. . .

I will say it looked more mature.

Like the prototype MS vs production MS.

Surely you know people are asking for details. "Some supercharging expansion" is totally vague. "It looked more mature" means .... what. Did you see inside? Or are you talking about a brief look from the outside? No color? Surely the wrap had color to it. Or was it wrapped so it couldn't be seen? No iPhone in your pocket? Did they run over and say 'must sign an NDA!!!' (hahah, no of course not). Sooo, why make everyone drag the details out?

You'll never get a job as a reporter. :)

Surely you know people are asking for details. "Some supercharging expansion" is totally vague. "It looked more mature" means .... what. Did you see inside? Or are you talking about a brief look from the outside? No color? Surely the wrap had color to it. Or was it wrapped so it couldn't be seen? No iPhone in your pocket? Did they run over and say 'must sign an NDA!!!' (hahah, no of course not). Sooo, why make everyone drag the details out?

You'll never get a job as a reporter. :)

I actually went over and asked "you probably don't want me taking a picture of that do you?" Their answer was pretty clear: please no. So I respected that and didn't take any pictures. I'm sharing what I can because I was interested and I thought the community would be interested even without the picture.

I appreciated having some time to talk with the designers more than I would've enjoyed getting that picture over their objections.

- - - Updated - - -

First rule of the Internets: No pics, didn't happen. I don't make the rules...

No problem.

2nd rule of the Internets: Please ignore as necessary.

Wrapped like this as like other car spy shots?

1_Camaro.rd05.KGP.ed-3445762791-O-sm.jpg

No color (some sort of wrap)

no no side mirrors but I couldn't see a camera either.

Automotive camo is usually black/white/grey digital pattern designed to obscure sheet metal details. Black plastic sheeting with foam pads is also common.

If there are Model X Alphas rolling around we'll see spy shots soon enough from the automotive paparazzi.