Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group Buy: Rim Protectors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

markwj

Asia Pacific
Apr 10, 2011
Hong Kong
Is there any interest in organising a group buy for these (as originally suggested by sonywong):

TOURNAX Wheel Hub Protectors

Price is ok (LF Phantom Black is RMB136/set), but shipping is brutal (RMB150/set). I am sure a Chinese-speaking (writing) negotiator could get the shipping price down for a group buy.

My car has 19" wheels, which seem less susceptible to curb rash, but I'm still concerned.

guard1.gif

guard2.gif

I think I am interested. My P85 is early production (no parking sensor). I could use it. I will need to decide on the color. When is the deadline to commit? I will be in Hong Kong Aug 27 and leaving end of Sept. If the time frame is not right, I will order it myself and ship to my Hong Kong address.

just pay me when you meet me.

any one what to meet up at Kai Tak or Hopwell superchargers?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, Apple Fan I guess I may have missed your order:scared:

Let me double check tomorrow!

Sure! Let me know your plan.

- - - Updated - - -

I might be interested but wondering - if you hit a curb, aren't they just scrubbed off?

Exactly what I'm thinking... I think the stick-on protector may not strong enough to protect the rim. The force that would hurt the rim is huge.

Perhaps something like Produbs is better - No sticky tape but uses the tyre pressure to hold it. In USA a set of 4 about US$80

Of course you can find them on Taobao (Not advertisment, just my 2 cents) :wink:

T2vpH5XdBXXXXXXXXX_!!275452539.jpg

Clipped a curb last night on the zero-viz foggy peak. Thankfully, the 19" wheels seem to have survived it (21" would have been toast), but prompts me to get this sorted ASAP.

Any Chinese speakers/writers here willing to help with this group buy? Taobao doesn't like me. I don't mind buying a couple of extra sets, so we have some here for anyone else who wants them in future.

Assuming we are getting:

TOURNAX wheel hub protectors @RMB136 + shipping
or
KABIS wheel hub protectors @RMB160 + shipping

It seems that the KABIS ones look a little better (Korean made), so I would suggest we go for those, and there is not much difference in price.

We have (I'll update this list as further revisions come in below):

waidy: 3 sets, black
Alipapa: 1 set, colour not decided
EVC: 1 set, red
lx3h: 1 set, black
markwj: 3 sets black, 1 set red
AppleFan: 1 set, black

Let's set a deadline of Monday 25th August - please confirm what you want (quantity and colour) before then.

I don't mind fronting the money, and holding the protectors for people to pickup either from my office (Kwai Chung) or home (Sai Kung). But, taobao is giving me grief with requiring identity proof and not having a chinese bank account, so I need a chinese speaker/write to handle the logistics. EVC and capt666 have offered to help? Can EVC or capt666 contact the KABIS taobao seller and ask for pricing for 10 sets including shipping? capt666 offered to ship to his GZ office, and bring them back himself, which would be extremely helpful.

Last edited: